News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Xtian rapper walks out of Addams Family movie because . . . demons

Started by Sandra Craft, October 20, 2019, 12:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on October 25, 2019, 09:43:37 PM
Quote from: No one on October 25, 2019, 09:04:00 PM
You can live however you want. No matter how wrong it is.

No such thing as right and wrong when it comes to music tastes.

Except Cat Strangling aka Opera (no not Oprah!)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

I don't drink tea. And I'd rather not be associated with either, ever!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2019, 10:00:11 PM

See, this is why even tho I dislike both rap and country music I can't be too harsh with either of them since some of the music I do like -- opera -- is wildly hated by others.  And I get that, I really do, since there was a time (pre-Placido Domingo) that I hated it too.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

No one

I don't like Opera, but those fuckers can sing.
Don't really care for Country either, some of them can spin a fine yarn.
I fucking hate rap with every fiber of my being, but some of them are excellent poets, some of them even have fantastic rhyming structure. However, the sound that accompines it, is absolutely atrocious!

Rap lacks life. There is nothing to it. Sure, the song may be about a something awful, the words may even tell an interesting story, but I don't feel the pain. There is nothing of the performer in the song. And did I mention that the sound that accompines it is absolutely atrocious?

Bad Penny II

I don't count myself as a Opera person but there's some excellent tunes.

I wonder if she's considered a career in dentistry?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Buddy

Quote from: Sandra Craft on October 26, 2019, 02:16:47 AM
Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2019, 10:00:11 PM

See, this is why even tho I dislike both rap and country music I can't be too harsh with either of them since some of the music I do like -- opera -- is wildly hated by others.  And I get that, I really do, since there was a time (pre-Placido Domingo) that I hated it too.

I feel the same way. I know not everyone is going to enjoy 13 minutes jam songs and songs about being gayTM, so I try not to shit on other people's music tastes.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Anne D.

Hopefully I pasted correctly. Lucinda Williams, brilliant alt country singer-songwriter.

Anne D.

Outkast, brilliiant Southern US hiphop artists. SpottieOttieDopaliscious.

Why disparage whole genres of music when you have no knowledge of them or their depths or heights?

It reeks of classism.

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on October 26, 2019, 12:42:47 AM
I don't drink tea. And I'd rather not be associated with either, ever!
Well, you're the one who made the comparison between a convicted child rapist and a rapper. You said a child molester is better than a rapper.
Sooooo...
:shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Anne D. on October 26, 2019, 04:20:58 AM
[html}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXmqauitBkM
[/html]

Outkast, brilliiant Southern US hiphop artists. SpottieOttieDopaliscious.

Why disparage whole genres of music when you have no knowledge of them or their depths or heights?

It reeks of classism.
What a beautiful post.

André 3000 was a member of OutKast.

"It reeks of classism"
It does, doesn't it?

Here's another good one by OutKast.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Rap sounds like shit! Always has. There have been numerous attempts, by numerous people to show me how good rap is. It isn't any good, at all! If you like it, that's fine. Enjoy it.
But please don't ever tell me what I know or don't know.

And the rapper pedo comment was a ridiculous statement to match the ridiculous statement that some rapper was a national treasure.

So if you like rap, more power to you.
I think it sucks, it's just plain fucking garbage.

No one

Magdalena

^^^

...About how much you hate rap.
You should write below your avatar, "No one hates rap." That way you won't have to tell us, constantly.

xSilverPhinx

Music is just one of those things, everyone has their own tastes and they frequently don't overlap. Doesn't make one form better or worse than the other -- just different.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 27, 2019, 12:39:26 AM
Music is just one of those things, everyone has their own tastes and they frequently don't overlap. Doesn't make one form better or worse than the other -- just different.

^Hear, hear!

I don't hate music, there is only music that I love, like, I'm not interested in (or find boring), can endure or that hurts my ears.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein