News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Pets...what do you have?

Started by Whitney, June 22, 2006, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Thanks guys, sharing this has helped me cope. Today is a little easier.

Sometimes I still hear her whimper, not unlike when someone thinks they hear their phone ringing. She would whimper for everything, when she wanted to drink or eat, when she wasn't feeling comfortable or when she just seemed to want someone to stay with her.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dragonia

xSP,  I'm terribly sorry for the pain you are feeling. It makes me sad too, reading through all of these comments. Such a hard decision, full of doubts and waiting to see....
Hang in there.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 16, 2018, 01:04:58 PM
Thanks guys, sharing this has helped me cope. Today is a little easier.

Sometimes I still hear her whimper, not unlike when someone thinks they hear their phone ringing. She would whimper for everything, when she wanted to drink or eat, when she wasn't feeling comfortable or when she just seemed to want someone to stay with her.

:console:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

euthanasia is a sensitive topic when it comes to pets.

i have a long history of much-loved animals. at least fifteen dogs, a dozen or so named cats, (maybe fifty unnamed) currently half a dozen goats, a donkey, two more dogs, and maybe twenty cats, of which only five or six have individual names.

countless small mammals. field mice, harvest mice, pocket mice, kangaroo rats, gerbils, hamsters, plus lizards, snakes, birds, fish, who knows what else.

i don't take pets to a vet anymore when they're beyond help. i shoot them under an elm tree and bury them there myself. the elm currently has six dogs under it, twenty seven years of them. vets are places where animals are stressed and bewildered. when i took the last two dogs there, they were frightened, because the place smelled like fear and death. and they died there. i won't put them through that anymore.

now i carry them out and lay them down in the flowers, then just put a quiet bullet through their heads. the kids help me bury them. it's not a solution for everybody, but it works for us.

set the function, not the mechanism.

No one

This is my pet monkey. He's a bit mentally challenged. I was told, when he was young, to put him down, as his severely dimished mental capacities would gravely limit his capabilities. But, I just couldn't, he's just too damn cute.