News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Interactive PDFs for Android devices

Started by xSilverPhinx, July 31, 2017, 01:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I'm learning how to create interactive PDFs using Adobe InDesign and when I open them using an android device such as my tablet or phone it reads as a flat PDF file, no interactive buttons included. This, as you can guess, is very frustrating because it feels like I'm the one getting my buttons pushed. :foottap:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

These files work fine on my computer (Windows 10).

I've looked up some answers on several tech forums and invariably they all say that Android PDF readers are crap so I'm asking here if anybody by any chance has ever been able to open an interactive PDF file using an Android device, with its features intact. 

Hope is the last that dies. Yeah.  :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 31, 2017, 01:21:19 AM
I'm learning how to create interactive PDFs using Adobe InDesign and when I open them using an android device such as my tablet or phone it reads as a flat PDF file, no interactive buttons included. This, as you can guess, is very frustrating because it feels like I'm the one getting my buttons pushed. :foottap:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

These files work fine on my computer (Windows 10).

I've looked up some answers on several tech forums and invariably they all say that Android PDF readers are crap so I'm asking here if anybody by any chance has ever been able to open an interactive PDF file using an Android device, with its features intact. 

Hope is the last that dies. Yeah.  :notsure:

Have you tried this one?

http://www.apkmonk.com/app/com.mixplorer.addon.pdf/

It seems to have high ratings.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

It didn't work. :sad sigh: But thanks for your trouble.

I've looked some stuff up online, it seems I would need Acrobat Pro in order to add 2 page turning buttons but that would not suffice as I need to at least 7 buttons to each page. I'm beginning to give up on the interactive pdf for android devices idea.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

I wonder why it did not work, because it received a high rating on that site.

I should be getting my first Android device on Thursday. It is a gift from the company I am doing consulting for and they asked me which one I wanted. I chose the newish Samsung S3 tablet, that came out a few months ago. I need Android to run Cambridge Audio Connect, which does not run in Windows. If I come across something good I will let you know.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames