News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Banned - By accident due to IP conflicts

Started by En_Route, June 01, 2012, 11:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

technolud

It's too bad.  Sort of miss her......

Buddy

Quote from: technolud on June 20, 2012, 03:08:26 AM
It's too bad.  Sort of miss her......

Me too. Who else is going to cheer us up with cute pictures of tiny pirates?  :'(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

Don't go, Ali!  We need you.

Tank

Well the IP she sent me isn't banned so it must have been to do with the network she came in on. That is also indicative of the message she got that it was the service provider that was banned not the individual IP.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Some ISPs also operate with floating IPs, so the IP address of one connetion is not necessarilly the same as that of the next.

That said, 3G networks tend to end up in the banbin sometimes.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Haha Pudding, you aren't rid of me just yet.  I may not be able to post from restaurants and stop lights anymore, which is tragic, but Tank hasn't yet banned me from my work or home computers.  Yet.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on June 20, 2012, 02:53:39 PM
Some ISPs also operate with floating IPs, so the IP address of one connetion is not necessarilly the same as that of the next.

That said, 3G networks tend to end up in the banbin sometimes.
This could well be the problem except that the IP Ali has sent isn't banned. She'd getting caught because the connection is being routed through a banned ISP.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Firebird

Quote from: Tank on June 20, 2012, 05:09:22 PM
This could well be the problem except that the IP Ali has sent isn't banned. She'd getting caught because the connection is being routed through a banned ISP.

I assume you mean the endpoint is the banned ISP, not one of the routes in the middle?
Sorry, my inner geek is curious :)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

Quote from: Firebird on June 20, 2012, 05:57:09 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 20, 2012, 05:09:22 PM

I assume you mean the endpoint is the banned ISP, not one of the routes in the middle?
Sorry, my inner geek is curious :)
Can't tell. It isn't Ali's ISP so there is something happening after that which is the issue.

Tank

Did this issue ever resolve itself?

Ali

I can't tell.  Now when I try to go to HAF on my phone, I am not getting a banned message, it just says that the server stopped responding.  Tried several times with the same result.  Can get to other pages just fine.