News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Facial Follicals explained.

Started by Icarus, June 10, 2019, 02:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

I have puzzled over the male facial hair fashion..........or whatever one might use describe the current near obligitory masculine statement.  Razor and shaving cream manufacturers are also wondering what the hell went wrong with the clean look.

Here is some speculation about how and why the men's"me too" fashion statement came to pass........https://newrepublic.com/article/154033/american-beards-military-culture?utm_source=pocket-newtab

jumbojak

I look better with a beard and I'm not going to put effort into looking worse. It's as simple as that.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

No one

The Jak of the Jumboness hits the nail on the head.

The "clean look", doesn't work for everyone.

Magdalena

I find men with facial hair, actually, men who are hairy all over, a lot more attractive.

This is so cool.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

My wife prefers me clean shaven. I can go facial hair or not. (Electric Razor here... I'm in the JJ range ;-) )

However...

I don't like the "can't be bothered to finish shaving, aka, 3-day beard kinda shabby look".
Just. Wrong.

Ecurb Noselrub

I think I look goofy without growing a little bit of facial hair (limited to around the mouth).  I can stand myself better.