News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Aloha, Happy Atheists!

Started by Yodas_Apprentice, March 23, 2012, 10:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Yodas_Apprentice on March 24, 2012, 12:12:11 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 24, 2012, 12:00:05 AM
Welcome!  Any husband of DJ's is a friend of ours.

I'll let her other husbands know ;)

Oh really now. I'm interested to hear this story! XD :p
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

Shhhhh! Get back in the man-harem!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Guardian85

Welcome Yodas_apprentice.

We have heard much about you. Little of it good.  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 24, 2012, 12:16:09 AM

There's a sci fi story in there.  It's another time, possibly another place, women have pulled a fast one on men --saving the world by tricking men into accepting a sheltered, uneventful life . . . until one man gets a glimpse of the truth.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Amicale

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 24, 2012, 12:30:13 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 24, 2012, 12:16:09 AM

There's a sci fi story in there.  It's another time, possibly another place, women have pulled a fast one on men --saving the world by tricking men into accepting a sheltered, uneventful life . . . until one man gets a glimpse of the truth.

A glimpse of the truth? Well, he ain't gonna find it here. All he'll get here is a straightjacket and half-cocked lovely world domination conspiracies.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Amicale on March 24, 2012, 01:56:59 AM
A glimpse of the truth? Well, he ain't gonna find it here. All he'll get here is a straightjacket and half-cocked lovely world domination conspiracies.  ;D

Apparently we're part of the Establishment in this story.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

The Magic Pudding

Hello Y_A, thanks for the biscuits but the one on the right is looking at me funny.

Non Sum

Welcome Yoda's Apprentice  :)

Just yesterday I was quoting Shakesperean love lines to your lovely wife, and nary a world from her regarding any husband.  ???
Is that what precipitated today's decision to join up?

Gluck, NS (Natural Seduction)

4 to go

Yodas_Apprentice

Quote from: Non Sum on March 24, 2012, 01:11:44 PM
Welcome Yoda's Apprentice  :)

Just yesterday I was quoting Shakesperean love lines to your lovely wife, and nary a world from her regarding any husband.  ???
Is that what precipitated today's decision to join up?

Gluck, NS (Natural Seduction)

4 to go

You've found me out.  Upon seeing those lines, I was struck with a fit of jealousy and rage.  The only way I could think to keep my honour was to join the forum myself and use an atheist persona as cover to keep an eye out for wandering poets, such as yourself, who throw their love lorn lines at my wife.
"I'm a madman with a box without a box!!" -Eleventh Doctor, "The Doctor's Wife"

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Yodas_Apprentice on March 24, 2012, 01:35:49 PMwandering poets, such as yourself, who throw their love lorn lines at my wife.

Throw???  That's a bit harsh isn't it?
Most of us carefully lay our love lorn lines at her feet.

DeterminedJuliet

Good heavens, it's enough to make a statue blush!
(no wonder I've accrued so many husbands)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Too Few Lions

welcome to the forum Y_A. Looking at the Yoda pics posted above, I might now have to buy a little pug dog just so I can dress it up.

SweetLaura286

I am also a vegetarian atheist... Welcome!!

Anne D.