Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

greetings fellow happy atheists

Started by ziffel, June 28, 2006, 01:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziffel

I'm ziffel, and I'm a happy atheist!

/echo  "Hi ziffel!"

Hi all, I'm another from WWGHA forum, and IIDB (ziffel everywhere). Glad to be here.

I'm somewhat chatty, fairly outspoken, but I *try* to be polite. I'm a former fundy from the southern baptist and later "non-denominational", which loosely translated means "holy roller". I spent 20+ years of my life in the Christian faith, and I was an apologist at one time.

About 11 years ago, I 'backslid' for the last time, and just became completely apathetic towards religion. Atheism didnt' really occur to me until last year. I started by watching lots of Science Channel stuff on the cosmos, and on evolution (the E-word was a big no-no in my past, so I had to learn everything afresh).

I've always been an avid reader, and love to learn, it's just that now I'm learning the truth! I have a lot of books on atheism, and the debunking of Christianity.

I now consider Christianity to be just another mythology, in a long line of human-created mythologies.

Here's hoping this forum takes off, and I'll try to do my part to help. I really enjoy the fellowship of like-minded folks.

Zif (my real name is Jeff, if anyone cares) :)

Jassman

Hi ziffel/Jeff. Welcome to the forum.
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Whitney

Welcome, Ziffel :)