News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Talking to myself . . .

Started by Dave, July 04, 2016, 07:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 02, 2017, 05:14:30 AM
Quote from: Father Bruno on October 02, 2017, 04:09:44 AM
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

There is something wrong with you people, blood sausage, ugh? 

I was first exposed to kishka (Polish blood sausage) as a child when my mom would bring a coil or two of blood sausage home to cook for my father from the local polish butcher shop. Sautéd in a pan with onions, and additional fat...I hated it. The smell of it was as bad as the taste.

My parents, especially my father would make my sister's and I eat everything on our plates, but most often it was me sitting alone at the table long after the rest of the family had finished their dinner, just sitting there at the table staring down at my plate, slowly trying to either force the kishka down my throat by drowning it with ketchup or simply sitting there until my mother would take my plate away and send me off to my room to go to bed early as punishment.

Because of the kishka I never really liked ketchup anymore either,...probably why I'm also primarily a vegetarian now. There arejust some things we shouldn't be eating, like organs, blood, tongues,etc... ick.

Kishka, liver, head cheese, fried bologna are some of the nastiest things...I don't feel good now just typing this and thinking back to the horror of those days...ugh, going to bed. Goodnight :boring:

So I guess you wouldn't approve of ram's testicles either. I had them in Lebanon once and quite enjoyed the dish.
hermes2015, what do ram's testicles taste like?  :notsure:
I would try the dish.  :smilenod:
Well...I've had beef kidney and I wouldn't know how to describe what it tastes like, so maybe I shouldn't ask. Some things have a unique flavor, difficult to compare it to something else.

Father, don't tell me you don't like tacos de lengua. (Beef tongue tacos)  :(
They're delicious!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on October 02, 2017, 06:00:14 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on October 02, 2017, 05:14:30 AM
Quote from: Father Bruno on October 02, 2017, 04:09:44 AM
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

There is something wrong with you people, blood sausage, ugh? 

I was first exposed to kishka (Polish blood sausage) as a child when my mom would bring a coil or two of blood sausage home to cook for my father from the local polish butcher shop. Sautéd in a pan with onions, and additional fat...I hated it. The smell of it was as bad as the taste.

My parents, especially my father would make my sister's and I eat everything on our plates, but most often it was me sitting alone at the table long after the rest of the family had finished their dinner, just sitting there at the table staring down at my plate, slowly trying to either force the kishka down my throat by drowning it with ketchup or simply sitting there until my mother would take my plate away and send me off to my room to go to bed early as punishment.

Because of the kishka I never really liked ketchup anymore either,...probably why I'm also primarily a vegetarian now. There arejust some things we shouldn't be eating, like organs, blood, tongues,etc... ick.

Kishka, liver, head cheese, fried bologna are some of the nastiest things...I don't feel good now just typing this and thinking back to the horror of those days...ugh, going to bed. Goodnight :boring:

So I guess you wouldn't approve of ram's testicles either. I had them in Lebanon once and quite enjoyed the dish.
hermes2015, what do ram's testicles taste like?  :notsure:
I would try the dish.  :smilenod:
Well...I've had beef kidney and I wouldn't know how to describe what it tastes like, so maybe I shouldn't ask. Some things have a unique flavor, difficult to compare it to something else.

Father, don't tell me you don't like tacos de lengua. (Beef tongue tacos)  :(
They're delicious!

Testicles tasted similar to sweetbreads to me. Perhaps I enjoyed the dish because I found it a nice change from the (to me) very monotonous and repetitive Lebanese cuisine. Whenever you are invited to a meal with any Lebanese family, you can predict very easily what you will find on the table.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Sheeps eyeballs are, basically, salty.

Only food I have ever turned down was some snails in Cyorus - they were still crawling around on the lettuce!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on October 02, 2017, 11:54:32 AM
Only food I have ever turned down was some snails in Cyorus - they were still crawling around on the lettuce!

:eeew:

Recusant

Quote from: Magdalena on October 02, 2017, 02:51:55 AMOh! Moronga, Blood sausage. I love that!  :yum:
I haven't had any in a long time.
:eyebrow: Is this delicious dish forbidden by any religion? Oh! Who cares, anyways!?  :let'seat:

Since pretty much all of these delicacies are made with pork, Muslims who observe their religion's dietary restrictions can't have any.  :smileshake:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on October 03, 2017, 03:02:25 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 02, 2017, 02:51:55 AMOh! Moronga, Blood sausage. I love that!  :yum:
:eyebrow: Is this delicious dish forbidden by any religion? Oh! Who cares, anyways!?  :let'seat:

Since pretty much all of these delicacies are made with pork, Muslims who observe their religion's dietary restrictions can't have any.  :smileshake:

I thought Moronga was made from cattle blood only. It doesn't really matter to me if they use pig's blood anyways.  :shrug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on October 03, 2017, 04:05:33 AM
Quote from: Recusant on October 03, 2017, 03:02:25 AM

I thought Moronga was made from cattle blood only. It doesn't really matter to me if they use pig's blood anyways.  :shrug:

Cattle blood? The it's the Hindus who will have to sit one this out. 

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 02, 2017, 10:47:51 AM
Beef tongues are delicious!
:smilenod:
I'm not a Mayan Virgin who hand rolls her tacos with exotic Mexican spices, but still...people always compliment my tacos de lengua:smug:

Ooh! I'm one post away from doing a 666 plus and extra 6! What does a quadruple 6 mean?  :eyebrow:
Extra evil?  :smug:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on October 03, 2017, 04:11:25 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 02, 2017, 10:47:51 AM
Beef tongues are delicious!
:smilenod:
I'm not a Mayan Virgin who hand rolls her tacos with exotic Mexican spices, but still...people always compliment my tacos de lengua:smug:

Ooh! I'm one post away from doing a 666 plus and extra 6! What does a quadruple 6 mean?  :eyebrow:
Extra evil?  :smug:

Evil to the power of 6, so technically, extra extra evil.  :P

Icarus

^ Pretty serious that sixth power of 666. 

666^6 = 8.72 followed by 16 zeros.  or..... 87,200,000,000,000

Mags is an impressively evil butterfly.

Dave

666999 is Mr abd Mrs Satan have a really good time!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on October 04, 2017, 10:53:04 PM
^ Pretty serious that sixth power of 666. 

666^6 = 8.72 followed by 16 zeros.  or..... 87,200,000,000,000

Mags is an impressively evil butterfly.
:secrets1: Recusant, I'm gonna copy your words.

You flatter me overmuch, Icarus, but I thank you.  :embarrassed:

:)

Magdalena

I'm gonna have to cancel my internet service. Fuckers raised the price to $65.00 per month. :grrr: That's too much! ...Considering I don't even have a cell phone.

Looks like I'm gonna have to finally get a cell phone and post from there.  :sad sigh: I don't think I'm gonna like it. I have been "experimenting" with wi-fi. It's kinda slow. :sad sigh: We'll see. If I get too desperate, I'll just walk 20 minutes to the public library and post from there. 

Internet fuckers!
:rant1:

There are only two internet companies in my area.  :fingertap: They both start with $30.00 for the first year, then it goes up to $40.00, then $60.00.  >:(

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on October 17, 2017, 10:10:20 PM
I'm gonna have to cancel my internet service. Fuckers raised the price to $65.00 per month. :grrr: That's too much! ...Considering I don't even have a cell phone.

Sucks, but as long as you can keep posting.   :hug:
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany