News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Strange issues with new posts

Started by KDbeads, March 28, 2011, 05:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDbeads

For a little over a week I've been having things happen with anything new that is posted.
For example, when the forum comes up new post but when you go into said forum section, there is NOTHING new.  I can click the mark all read and it fixes it for maybe and hour, then it does it again.  Or I'll read through a thread, nothing new goes on it for a few days and all of a sudden it's marked new post again but nothing new has been added and the thread hasn't been moved or anything.  Most of those keep going back to the 20th and 21st if that helps any.

Is it just me?  Am I finally loosing my grip on reality?  Or can I blame this on the computer?
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Davin

It has been happening to me, maybe a group hallucination?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Me to. So there is something not quit right by the sound of it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

KDbeads

Oh good, I'm not totally loosing it, at least not all by myself anyway lol

Anyone got a clue to what it is?
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

MariaEvri

I'm having the same problems here
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

McQ

I'm away on vacation right now and just peeked in quickly, saw this thread and wanted to ask if anyone had sent Whitney a PM about this. I hadn't noticed anything like this yet, but again, I've been away and not on much, so this would easily have slipped my notice.

Not sure what would cause this to happen. Make sure you let Whitney know. Probably some board glitch.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

I haven't changed anything since the last update...it's possible it wasn't noticed till recently and will be fixed in the next release.  The only other advice I can suggest is to try clearing your cookies.

KDbeads

All my cookies are cleared.......

The Magic Pudding

If someone deletes their post it might cause something like this, but not often.

Whitney

I'm thinking it is a problem with the last PHPbb release...so it might be this way till they issue a new patch.