News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 26, 2019, 11:49:39 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on January 26, 2019, 09:41:39 PM
I'm going to be signing up for four nights a week for six months of Krav Maga on Monday. Something came up on Wednesday so I missed that class but I'm going to try and get as much out of this as I can going forward.

Kick 'em in the nuts and poke their eyes.  The goal is to end the fight quickly, right?

I have seen people try to "poke" eyes during a fight and it usually results in broken fingers...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

I spit a cloud of spray and when they blink, I blow out a kneecap. Then I run like hell. In my experience (I haven't been in a decent fight in decades) fleet feet are a good thing.

Icarus

A very high ranking Judo master that I once knew had it this way.  He was asked why he would run from a fight.  He replied: I can run but still have great confidence.

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on January 26, 2019, 09:41:39 PM
I'm going to be signing up for four nights a week for six months of Krav Maga on Monday. Something came up on Wednesday so I missed that class but I'm going to try and get as much out of this as I can going forward.

That sounds brilliant!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

:en route:

We need a Dave one.

Does the Enroute one mean something?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

How long does a fire on a stick last?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 27, 2019, 12:22:44 PM

How long does a fire on a stick last?

Um... :notsure:

As long as there's are combustible substances to burn? :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I really have to find a way to kill time between getting off work at four and the start of these classes at nearly eight.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

And I damn well better develop more endurance in my shoulders. By the end of the hour tonight I couldn't hold my arms up!

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on January 29, 2019, 02:02:59 AM
And I damn well better develop more endurance in my shoulders. By the end of the hour tonight I couldn't hold my arms up!

This was from your martial arts classes?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on January 29, 2019, 07:52:42 AM

Indeed. The embarrassment will serve as motivation I hope.

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on January 29, 2019, 12:29:34 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 29, 2019, 07:52:42 AM

Indeed. The embarrassment will serve as motivation I hope.

And it should also strengthen your shoulders!

jumbojak

Yeah, I feel like I just flew south for the winter. Not really sore or painful. A day should help and then I'll be back in on Wednesday.

jumbojak

I'm looking into some gloves for my class. I don't mind using their gloves but my hands get very dry in the winter and I'd hate for the skin to crack and bleed inside the "community" gear. If I get off work early enough I'll try to swing by a sporting goods store and try a few pair on.

xSilverPhinx

Martial art classes sound fun. :tellmemore:

Minus the poked eyes and broken fingers of course. :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey