Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

I didn't think you were and I wasn't either. Some of my former associates would have though. And probably spent hours arguing about it in tones very similar to the tongue in cheek language you used...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean

Isn't the Internet wonderful?! Show them a picture of a rock, and they will debate, with considerable passion, that it is in fact a boulder they see, or a pebble. No, the rock is a lie! The Moon landing was a lie! There was this rock, you see... What were we talking about? Ah, yes! Lies! The media lies! No, the president lies! No, everybody lies! Dr. House said that. Bah! Breaking Bad is a far sueperior series! No, you shut up, it's "The Wire!" And just how DO you re-wire ignition on a Toyota Corolla? Why would you buy that boring piece of automotive mediocrity? Etc, etc.

Ah, the things I've seen and done...  :tellmemore:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean

I believe the final consensus was that she was, in fact, naked.  :smilenod:

...did we agree on her being naked under the dress, though, or dressed in nakedness..? I wonder if a new debate might be in order.  :headscratch:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on February 14, 2019, 12:12:30 PM
An AC condenser. I like that.

Thanks. Here is part of an ancient workshop floor. It suggested a detail of a Rauschenberg painting to me. There is beauty in unexpected places.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

It's amazing how much color concrete and stone pick up if you look for it.

Icarus

jumbojak

Icarus

That looks like an Ouchy tree or an unfriendly shrub.   Bouganvilla or something equally as forbidding?

jumbojak

jumbojak

Experiment with pavement and rain. I still need to get a lot better with my pocket tripod.