News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Buddy

This is totally going to make me sound like a selfish child but I don't care. I finally had to put my foot down with my mom tonight. She's always been overprotective to the point of sheltering me my whole life. Usually I don't mind her worrying but now it's getting out of hand.

I've been wanting to start going out and maybe start casually dating again. Since Indiana isn't exactly teeming with lesbians I thought I would go to some gay bars down in Indianapolis. When I told my mom my plans to go out she got upset and told me that I can't go out by myself and that I need to take my brother with me. To a gay bar. Where I'm trying to get a date. Obviously I flat out refused, which upset her.

I try my best to be understanding but that was completely ridiculous. I have flown to other countries alone. I regularly got on business trips for days at a time alone. I think I know how to not get murdered by now. Now she's upset with me. I know it's super petty to rant about it but the overprotective behavior has gotten so much worse since I moved back in with them.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

I don't think it's pretty at all. You are young but you are grown and don't need your brother with you to go out. If I was in your shoes I wouldn't have told her my intentions.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 01, 2019, 12:49:09 AM
Quote from: Davin on September 23, 2019, 08:43:50 PM

https://www.officialburritoblanket.com/

Is that what you get when creative people are hungry? :lol:
Yes, if I see my significant other wrapped in one of these, it gives the words: "I desire you." A whole different meaning, doesn't it?
:yum: :let'seat:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on October 01, 2019, 01:33:37 AM
I don't think it's pretty at all. You are young but you are grown and don't need your brother with you to go out. If I was in your shoes I wouldn't have told her my intentions.

I was less of a, "I'm going to this place to pick up girls," and more of a, "hey this place looks cool, maybe I'll go next time I'm in Indy," conversation. I used to never worry about telling her my plans because it was fun to have someone to get excited with. Now I don't even want to talk about my trip to Europe with her anymore because it always gets ruined with the safety talk.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Petty... Not pretty. That came out wrong.

It's your life and you have to live it. Safety is important, but it's up to us to learn to live dangerously as safely as possible. To a certain extent, what mama don't know won't hurt her.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on October 01, 2019, 01:13:34 AM
This is totally going to make me sound like a selfish child but I don't care. I finally had to put my foot down with my mom tonight. She's always been overprotective to the point of sheltering me my whole life. Usually I don't mind her worrying but now it's getting out of hand.

I've been wanting to start going out and maybe start casually dating again. Since Indiana isn't exactly teeming with lesbians I thought I would go to some gay bars down in Indianapolis. When I told my mom my plans to go out she got upset and told me that I can't go out by myself and that I need to take my brother with me. To a gay bar. Where I'm trying to get a date. Obviously I flat out refused, which upset her.

I try my best to be understanding but that was completely ridiculous. I have flown to other countries alone. I regularly got on business trips for days at a time alone. I think I know how to not get murdered by now. Now she's upset with me. I know it's super petty to rant about it but the overprotective behavior has gotten so much worse since I moved back in with them.

It's not petty at all, you're an adult now and it really is irritating when parents treat you like a child. Mothers will be mothers though, and some will worry even when you're well into adulthood.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on October 01, 2019, 02:03:39 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 01, 2019, 12:49:09 AM
Quote from: Davin on September 23, 2019, 08:43:50 PM

https://www.officialburritoblanket.com/

Is that what you get when creative people are hungry? :lol:
Yes, if I see my significant other wrapped in one of these, it gives the words: "I desire you." A whole different meaning, doesn't it?
:yum: :let'seat:

Indeed, heh.

Magdalena

Dave.
His birthday celebration would've been on Monday, October 07. He would've been 75.
--That's all.
:sad sigh:

This beer bottle label reminded me of him. El Dia de los Muertos.

"Cheers, Dave."

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on October 06, 2019, 07:41:18 AM
Dave.
His birthday celebration would've been on Monday, October 07. He would've been 75.
--That's all.

Good old Dave. :cow:
Why the cow?
It is known, cows can wave to people in the after life.
Apologies, it is known.   :cow:
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on October 06, 2019, 07:41:18 AM
Dave.
--That's all.

This beer bottle label reminded me of him. El Dia de los Muertos.

"Cheers, Dave."

:(

It still feels weird that Dave has gone.

Dark Lightning

He was such a good guy and prolific poster, his absence is really noticeable.

Recusant

*imbibes some red wine in his memory*

Here's to Dave. :blue tear:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Essie Mae

I's better have another (red) then. Cheers Dave🍷
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare