News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Muslims get more than they bargained for!

Started by Tank, May 02, 2012, 03:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

technolud

Yes, its a sorry state of affairs when a life philosophy forwarded by Monty Python trumps on a moral and ethical baisis (please direct questions concerning morality and ethics to Stevil) the worlds 2nd largest religion.

On the bright side, at least according to this website http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html/, the grouping of "Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist:" ranks third.

Hector Valdez

OldGit

Yes, we had one of those, but the wheels fell off.

En_Route

Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

markmcdaniel

This sort of thing happens when go play with the apostates.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche