News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: jumbojak on December 24, 2018, 10:51:14 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 24, 2018, 10:27:51 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on December 24, 2018, 10:20:43 PM
Well, the newest Nikon is headed to the stable. It's one of their Prostaff rimfire rifle scopes and I have to say that the low light performance is very impressive. I'll mount it tonight and sight it in tomorrow. Five hundred rounds should do the trick.

This is a camera, right?  Looking forward to the results.

No, this is a rifle scope. Clay targets shall tremble at the mention of my name!

:snicker:
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dark Lightning

Quote from: jumbojak on December 24, 2018, 10:51:14 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 24, 2018, 10:27:51 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on December 24, 2018, 10:20:43 PM
Well, the newest Nikon is headed to the stable. It's one of their Prostaff rimfire rifle scopes and I have to say that the low light performance is very impressive. I'll mount it tonight and sight it in tomorrow. Five hundred rounds should do the trick.

This is a camera, right?  Looking forward to the results.

No, this is a rifle scope. Clay targets shall tremble at the mention of my name!

You're a shooter? My two eldest sons are deadly with a shotgun, but I was never really taken with it, even though I am a CFI for rifle and shotgun, back from when I was a BSA leader. I shoot Distinguished Expert with a rifle. I have to sit down at the range and have it witnessed. I've done that level of shooting for a while, now.

jumbojak

I haven't fired a weapon in a while, but I am very proficient with either a rifle or a shotgun. I really want to shoot some clay pigeons but I'm a little... gunshy, about firing a twelve gauge due to the herniated disc. I'll talk myself into setting up the trap again one of these days but the only shotgun i seem to have left is in need of some minor repairs and major refinishing. Depending on how I feel when I get home tonight I might finish stripping it down and prep for fresh bluing.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

I have no idea why I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge, pump action, with a pistol grip (not a shoulder stock).  It is a nice piece of work but I have never fired the beastly thing, thus it has never tasted powder.   I may fire it if a burglar breaks into my house and I can find the thing in time to do any good.........or if I am afraid the recoil of the pistol grip design will break my wrist.   I think that it is intended to fire from the hip, not at shoulder height.

I need this thing like I need a paper ass.  I would not want to shoot a burglar inside my house on account of all the messy blood splattered on the walls. And then the hassle of calling and explaining to the police and the EMTs.  The beast is not loaded but I have some number four 3 inch magnum ammunition.  For damned sure I ain't gonna be shooting at clays.  I think that a nice 16 or even a 410 would be better for clays or target shooting.   

I do have a Crossman air pistol that is fun to shoot at targets in my back yard.  Not very useful for burglars though.  You have to pump it up before it will do anything.  Yes I have some squirrels in my back yard but I have no desire to harm the cute little guys.  I even have a racoon that visits from time to time.  I do not want to harm him/her either. 

Guardian85

Quote from: Icarus on December 25, 2018, 05:26:00 AM
I have no idea why I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge, pump action, with a pistol grip (not a shoulder stock).  It is a nice piece of work but I have never fired the beastly thing, thus it has never tasted powder.   I may fire it if a burglar breaks into my house and I can find the thing in time to do any good.........or if I am afraid the recoil of the pistol grip design will break my wrist.   I think that it is intended to fire from the hip, not at shoulder height.

I need this thing like I need a paper ass.  I would not want to shoot a burglar inside my house on account of all the messy blood splattered on the walls. And then the hassle of calling and explaining to the police and the EMTs.  The beast is not loaded but I have some number four 3 inch magnum ammunition.  For damned sure I ain't gonna be shooting at clays.  I think that a nice 16 or even a 410 would be better for clays or target shooting.   

I do have a Crossman air pistol that is fun to shoot at targets in my back yard.  Not very useful for burglars though.  You have to pump it up before it will do anything.  Yes I have some squirrels in my back yard but I have no desire to harm the cute little guys.  I even have a racoon that visits from time to time.  I do not want to harm him/her either.
Ironically, if you don't want to shoot and kill an intruder you have the perfect weapon for it. Mossberg 500 are police issue and love firing off less-than-lethal rounds. Get a box of rubber pellet or bean-bag rounds and you're all set.
All the bang, all the "OW!", none of the blood, and way less paperwork.  8)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Dark Lightning

I like the bean bag idea. One of my friends is a retired police officer. He told me it was amazing to watch the reaction of someone acting out when the bean bag rifle was pointed at them. Settled right down! ;D

If I killed an intruder in my home I'd either turn him to kibble for my dogs or dissolve him in a home made lime pit. What body?   /silly

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 25, 2018, 03:15:46 PM
I like the bean bag idea. One of my friends is a retired police officer. He told me it was amazing to watch the reaction of someone acting out when the bean bag rifle was pointed at them. Settled right down! ;D

If I killed an intruder in my home I'd either turn him to kibble for my dogs or dissolve him in a home made lime pit. What body?   /silly

No feeding to the dogs, don't want to start any bad habits.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 25, 2018, 10:49:36 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 25, 2018, 03:15:46 PM

No feeding to the dogs, don't want to start any bad habits.

The dogs only have the habit of eating at regular intervals, what do they care about where the meal came from? IMO, the kibble would likely taste like pork. Then again, the /silly should have been an indication that I wouldn't really do that.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

No stray scraps of food or anything that resembles food will escape the enthusiastic attention of my little Aussie dog; Scooter.

xSilverPhinx

I had way too much time on my hands, some of it was put to good use, but probably most of it wasn't. :grin: Tomorrow everything goes back to normal!

jumbojak

Have you played any Zelda yet? That's a great way to use up spare time...

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on January 14, 2019, 01:42:46 AM
Have you played any Zelda yet? That's a great way to use up spare time...

Not yet.  :blush:

I need to find a power outlet that is 110V (I have both 110 and 220 V) in my house so I can charge the console. I have a friend who is an electrical engineer, I've got to ask him if I can borrow a voltimeter one of these days. The charger I have isn't bivolt for some reason and I don't want to risk losing the console. Took too long to get.  ::)   

jumbojak

What the line frequency in Brazil? That'll be something to think about too, if the charger isn't made for Brazil's grid.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on January 14, 2019, 01:56:38 AM
What the line frequency in Brazil? That'll be something to think about too, if the charger isn't made for Brazil's grid.

Good observation. It's 60 Hz.

I'll have to check it out.