News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

politics and religion

Started by imaginaryfriendless, July 27, 2016, 06:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Mr. B on August 02, 2016, 02:11:04 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 01, 2016, 10:35:33 PMIt gets aggravated in the south because of the heat.

I was born and raised in the south eastern portion of the United States of America. I have never gone hunting but I do like shooting guns for target practice. I don't "feel" like I'm on a power trip whenever I go shooting. It's just fun. Like roller coasters, some people like the thrill...some people don't. I love fireworks, my dog whimpers and hides every fourth of July. I have a niece who is terrified of sparklers.

For me, shooting at a target and seeing if I can hit it is just plain fun. Some life forms just don't like the boom.

It is fun.  I enjoy it myself.  Nothing wrong with it.

Steeler

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 03, 2016, 12:33:23 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 01, 2016, 10:35:33 PMIt gets aggravated in the south because of the heat.

I was born and raised in the south eastern portion of the United States of America. I have never gone hunting but I do like shooting guns for target practice. I don't "feel" like I'm on a power trip whenever I go shooting. It's just fun. Like roller coasters, some people like the thrill...some people don't. I love fireworks, my dog whimpers and hides every fourth of July. I have a niece who is terrified of sparklers.

For me, shooting at a target and seeing if I can hit it is just plain fun. Some life forms just don't like the boom.

I must say, this is kind of refreshing to hear. :)

Tank

Quote from: Steeler on August 03, 2016, 01:41:14 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 03, 2016, 12:33:23 AM

I must say, this is kind of refreshing to hear. :)
I like target shooting. Not done much small bore of full bore. But I have a .177 air rifle which requires care and skill to get the most out of it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Yup, nothing at all wrong with guns IMHO - in the right place, the range, a hunting area or in battle.

NOT in the streets or other public places except in situations requiring qualified official use.

I have a fascination with the ingenuity that mankind applies in order to kill itself. A rather guilty fascination.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Asmodean

That, which Glockester said. Yep.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Steeler

Quote from: Asmodean on August 03, 2016, 09:07:19 AM
That, which Glockester said. Yep.

I see what you did there...... ;)