News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

I Want Trump to Be President - WHY?!?

Started by MadBomr101, March 16, 2016, 09:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Trump as the US president? I think that's a scary notion. I also think he'd be a failure, but hopefully f he does succeed he won't cause the rest of the world to burn too. :folded:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MadBomr101

Quote from: Bluenose on March 17, 2016, 06:54:15 AM
Can I put a word in from the rest of the world, please? We're all dead set scared witless at the prospect that you're going to elect one of the douche-canoe GOP candidates on offer. We've long given up hoping that someone will ever get elected POTUS who actually understands that the USA is not the whole world and that not everyone shares the unsupported belief, apparently held by do many of your citizens, that your system of government is the best there is. So we have the choice of Bernie or Hilary. At least the latter seems to have some awareness of the rest of us. Oh, and while you're at it, could you please join the rest of the known inhabited universe and change over to the metric system? ;)

The unchecked jingoism of the GOP is as mystifying to me as it is to anyone living in even the most remote parts of the world. This horseshit clouds their ability to see what's right in front of their face. Trump's shortfalls as a human being and a leader are seen by his supporters as the very strengths that will "save" America and "make it great" again. Whatever problems this country has, they will NOT be resolved by a privileged, obnoxious, blowhard sociopath being handed supreme executive power.

They're also really vague on what 'Making America Great' again means. Make America great at what again? They never qualify that line with any specifics. It's a soundbite masquerading as a goal. People hear it and cheer and wave their little flags but what exactly does it entail to accomplish? It's like me saying "I want to be famous!" Well, famous for what? What talent do I plan on applying to accomplish this? What strategy have I outlined to reach that goal? It's meaningless in and of itself but as nebulous as it is, the Repubs hear it and have an orgasm over it as if it were the answer to all our problems.

And we are great at one thing; we still make the biggest, best movies in the world. I can take pride in that.

But I am embarrassed by the stupidity of this country. A position the average Republican would respond to with "If you don't like it, you can leave!" To which, I respond "Go fuck yourself." A problem first has to be acknowledged before it can be corrected.

But I'll resist you tooth and nail on the conversion to metrics. I'm too old and tired to have to learn a whole new way to calculate weights and measures.  ;) 
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Recusant

Quote from: Crow on March 17, 2016, 11:39:07 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 17, 2016, 11:32:43 AMHillary is like that old pair of shorts I put on Saturday morning - not gonna upset my routine.  That's what I want in a president - don't rock the boat.

So something that has been hanging around nether regions for a long time and has become haggard doing so.

Given the alternative is poorly stitched, ill-fitting gold lamé covered in slug slime and urushiol . . .  :thoughtful:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Recusant on March 17, 2016, 03:10:39 PM
Quote from: Crow on March 17, 2016, 11:39:07 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 17, 2016, 11:32:43 AMHillary is like that old pair of shorts I put on Saturday morning - not gonna upset my routine.  That's what I want in a president - don't rock the boat.

So something that has been hanging around nether regions for a long time and has become haggard doing so.

Given the alternative is poorly stitched, ill-fitting gold lamé covered in slug slime and urushiol . . .  :thoughtful:

Yeah, she's the least problematic choice.

Harmonie

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 17, 2016, 04:44:56 AM
The problem is there's no one else to challenge Trump on the GOP side that's any better.  Criuz is every bit as big a nightmare as Trump is...

This needs to be said louder.

I guess it doesn't surprise me, but it certainly does concern me. Yes, Donald Trump is bad, very bad... But Cruz is terrible himself. I see that sign "Anyone but Trump '16" going around social media like Facebook. And I'm like "...But wait, does that mean you would be okay with Cruz?".

The problem is I think that people don't much think about the actual issues, they just see that Trump is a loudmouth and says very indecent things. He would be an embarrassment, he would surely bring about the end of the country, they say. ...But they do not see Cruz lurking there in the shadows. He's the more soft-spoken, but still incredibly bigoted and dangerous Republican candidate that seems to be able to fly under the radar just because of Trump.

What's going to happen if Cruz actually ends up getting the spot in the end? Are people going to show the same kind of vitriol to him? I fear not. Perhaps he doesn't incite violence at his rallies, but... Cruz is still bad news, you all. That's an understatement.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

MadBomr101

Quote from: Harmonie on March 17, 2016, 04:06:41 PM
The problem is there's no one else to challenge Trump on the GOP side that's any better.  Criuz is every bit as big a nightmare as Trump is...

I guess it doesn't surprise me, but it certainly does concern me. Yes, Donald Trump is bad, very bad... But Cruz is terrible himself. I see that sign "Anyone but Trump '16" going around social media like Facebook. And I'm like "...But wait, does that mean you would be okay with Cruz?"

I've been spouting off against Cruz for many months even louder than against Trump before'The Donald' revealed himself in all his glorious demagoguery. I considered Trump to be a joke until he proved himself to be, in fact, a disease.

Cruz on the other hand, has been a disease from day one. The only reason he seems less so than Trump is that he's so much more reserved and professional in his public persona but ONLY when compared against a world class blowhard with self-appointed notions of godhood. It took someone THAT obscene to actually make a compulsive liar and evangelical Frankenstein like Cruz seem reasonable by comparison. Cruz may not realize it, but Trump is the best thing that could've happened to him. Cruz is the ugly girl at the dance standing next to an even uglier girl that's also smashing plates, screaming at people and making fart noises. She SO horrendous that she makes the first girl look better by comparison.

They're both sociopaths and neither one of them is an acceptable choice for anything. I wouldn't let either one of them so much as be the night manager at a Burger King to say nothing of being the freakin' president.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Firebird

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 17, 2016, 02:54:05 PM
They're also really vague on what 'Making America Great' again means. Make America great at what again? They never qualify that line with any specifics. It's a soundbite masquerading as a goal. People hear it and cheer and wave their little flags but what exactly does it entail to accomplish? It's like me saying "I want to be famous!" Well, famous for what? What talent do I plan on applying to accomplish this? What strategy have I outlined to reach that goal? It's meaningless in and of itself but as nebulous as it is, the Repubs hear it and have an orgasm over it as if it were the answer to all our problems.

It's a combination of the "American exceptionalism" mentality and economic anxiety that they choose to blame on the easiest victims (immigrants and poor people). What blows my mind is that they're investing their hopes in a crooked businessman who is very much of the Wall Street mentality.

I guess it doesn't surprise me, but it certainly does concern me. Yes, Donald Trump is bad, very bad... But Cruz is terrible himself. I see that sign "Anyone but Trump '16" going around social media like Facebook. And I'm like "...But wait, does that mean you would be okay with Cruz?".

The problem is I think that people don't much think about the actual issues, they just see that Trump is a loudmouth and says very indecent things. He would be an embarrassment, he would surely bring about the end of the country, they say. ...But they do not see Cruz lurking there in the shadows. He's the more soft-spoken, but still incredibly bigoted and dangerous Republican candidate that seems to be able to fly under the radar just because of Trump.

What's going to happen if Cruz actually ends up getting the spot in the end? Are people going to show the same kind of vitriol to him? I fear not. Perhaps he doesn't incite violence at his rallies, but... Cruz is still bad news, you all. That's an understatement.

He probably won't elicit quite the amount of hatred that Trump does, but he's to the right of Genghis Kahn and not afraid to show it. Also, everyone (and I mean everyone) in Congress hates his guts. Not a single senator has endorsed him, and some are even more afraid of his candidacy than Trump. I think he'll be sufficiently scary. I hope anyway, can't deny that I'm scared there's already so many people that support either one.
No offense Steeler  ;)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Pasta Chick

I would take Trump over Cruz if it came to that. BF and I had a long, "how horrifying is it that we're actually saying these things" conversation about this the other day.

Cruz openly supports making America a theocracy.

If that's not unAmerican, I don't know what is, and I utterly fail to see how any atheist can support this man.

Buddy

I know that people threaten this every election, but if Trump or Cruz actually end up becoming president I will probably end up looking for schooling options in the UK.  :-\
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crow

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 17, 2016, 05:39:44 PM
Cruz openly supports making America a theocracy.

If that's not unAmerican, I don't know what is, and I utterly fail to see how any atheist can support this man.

A theocracy with the worlds largest and most advanced military behind it... Fuuuuck that.
Retired member.

Pasta Chick

It's getting scary. I keep thinking about how my family left Germany in the 1930s.

What's also scary, though, is what happens if every rational person in the US bails. We have a bunch of xenophobic gun nuts who think they're better than the world with a really powerful military and a lot of nukes. I think they'd kill themselves off eventually, but what happens in the meantime?

MadBomr101

On behalf of 'Murica' I'd like to say you are welcome to the rest of the world for all the cabaret we're providing to you free of charge. We hope you enjoy the rest of the show and don't forget to tip your server.

Try the veal.
- Bomr

Harmonie

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 17, 2016, 04:58:12 PM

I guess it doesn't surprise me, but it certainly does concern me. Yes, Donald Trump is bad, very bad... But Cruz is terrible himself. I see that sign "Anyone but Trump '16" going around social media like Facebook. And I'm like "...But wait, does that mean you would be okay with Cruz?"

I've been spouting off against Cruz for many months even louder than against Trump before'The Donald' revealed himself in all his glorious demagoguery. I considered Trump to be a joke until he proved himself to be, in fact, a disease.

Cruz on the other hand, has been a disease from day one. The only reason he seems less so than Trump is that he's so much more reserved and professional in his public persona but ONLY when compared against a world class blowhard with self-appointed notions of godhood. It took someone THAT obscene to actually make a compulsive liar and evangelical Frankenstein like Cruz seem reasonable by comparison. Cruz may not realize it, but Trump is the best thing that could've happened to him. Cruz is the ugly girl at the dance standing next to an even uglier girl that's also smashing plates, screaming at people and making fart noises. She SO horrendous that she makes the first girl look better by comparison.

They're both sociopaths and neither one of them is an acceptable choice for anything. I wouldn't let either one of them so much as be the night manager at a Burger King to say nothing of being the freakin' president.

OMG. I'm sorry but this made me burst out laughing. I was out eating with my dad and I had to read the post to him once we got back in the car, because I could not stop laughing.

It's true, should Trump get out of the way in the end and leave it to Cruz, that'll be quite a problem, because people are heavy on the "Anyone but Trump" mindset right now. Trump IS scary and I'm glad people can see that, but they need to see it in Cruz, too!

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

MadBomr101

- Bomr

MadBomr101

Quote from: Bad Penny on March 17, 2016, 10:14:52 AM
Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 16, 2016, 09:59:33 PM

So, to prove to her that I was right, I not only want Trump to win, I need him to win. Yes, America will burn, yes, there will be rioting in the streets, yes, the entire world will feel the fallout but if I can get her to say to me, "Uh, okay, you win. He sucks." it will have all been worth it.

I apologize for the impending Armageddon but this is how it has to be.  :(

Do you really think this scenario would change her mind?
It'll all be the lefties fault, stymieing poor Donald's plans.
After all, every conservative knows George II is blameless.

I see your point but if rioting and burning doesn't convince her, what will? The only way to find out is to make it happen. America must burn so that I can prove my counterpoint to her. At least all the death, destruction, misery, upheaval and horror will have been for a good cause.
:shooty:
- Bomr