News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

I Want Trump to Be President - WHY?!?

Started by MadBomr101, March 16, 2016, 09:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBomr101

Because I found out last night that my estranged wife voted for him yesterday in Florida. My wife has changed so much over the years since I married her that I no longer recognize her as the woman I married. Part of the problem has been her rampant descent into the 9th level of Republicanism wherein she has spoken highly of the Bush/Cheney administration, supports and admires Sarah Palin as a person, a leader, and a possible presidential candidate, and now thinks Donald Trump is the best choice possible for the future of this country.

She has gone so far off the deep end of being Republican (her parents are to blame) that when I tried to reason with her that Trump was an unlikely hero and that she was probably going to be sorely disappointed by his term as a president that she simply wouldn't hear it. She refused to even listen no matter how even handed I was trying to be.

So, to prove to her that I was right, I not only want Trump to win, I need him to win. Yes, America will burn, yes, there will be rioting in the streets, yes, the entire world will feel the fallout but if I can get her to say to me, "Uh, okay, you win. He sucks." it will have all been worth it.

I apologize for the impending Armageddon but this is how it has to be.  :(
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Nam

I don't know, Congress may treat him as they did Obama. Or currently doing to Obama.

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

WTF is up with the American Republican voter?  Could it be some mind altering pollutant that is being spread by foreign terrorists? .......Wait, there are many Dem voters who endorse the Donald too.  Holy Catfish Batman, does no one wish to address reality? 

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on March 17, 2016, 02:28:03 AM
WTF is up with the American Republican voter?  Could it be some mind altering pollutant that is being spread by foreign terrorists? .......Wait, there are many Dem voters who endorse the Donald too.  Holy Catfish Batman, does no one wish to address reality?

The next time I go to a party, and I have a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon on one hand and a microphone on the other...I'm gonna give that speech.  :smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Steeler

We feel the same way, about the dems. He he.
Really it's all about the ABC. Anybody But Clinton.

Nam

Quote from: Steeler on March 17, 2016, 03:17:07 AM

I'd rather have Clinton than any current Republican.

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

MadBomr101

The problem is there's no one else to challenge Trump on the GOP side that's any better.  Criuz is every bit as big a nightmare as Trump is, he just comes by his crazy from a psycho conservative evangelical Tea-Party perspective, and Kasich, the most reasonable of the three, has no chance whatsoever.

For the Dems, Hillary is an uninspired and problematic choice - surely we can do better than her for the first woman president - and, Bernie, much as I like the guy, probably can't beat her.

The 2016 election is a no-win situation.   :'(   
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

MadBomr101

WTF is up with the American Republican voter?  Could it be some mind altering pollutant that is being spread by foreign terrorists?

If so, this is the most heinous and genius plot ISIS could've come up with. I'd be impressed.
- Bomr

Magdalena

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 17, 2016, 04:50:18 AM
WTF is up with the American Republican voter?  Could it be some mind altering pollutant that is being spread by foreign terrorists?

If so, this is the most heinous and genius plot ISIS could've come up with. I'd be impressed.
:eyebrow: Hmm. Some mind altering pollutant that is being spread :chin: ...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bluenose

Can I put a word in from the rest of the world, please? We're all dead set scared witless at the prospect that you're going to elect one of the douche-canoe GOP candidates on offer. We've long given up hoping that someone will ever get elected POTUS who actually understands that the USA is not the whole world and that not everyone shares the unsupported belief, apparently held by do many of your citizens, that your system of government is the best there is. So we have the choice of Bernie or Hilary. At least the latter seems to have some awareness of the rest of us. Oh, and while you're at it, could you please join the rest of the known inhabited universe and change over to the metric system? ;)
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 16, 2016, 09:59:33 PM

So, to prove to her that I was right, I not only want Trump to win, I need him to win. Yes, America will burn, yes, there will be rioting in the streets, yes, the entire world will feel the fallout but if I can get her to say to me, "Uh, okay, you win. He sucks." it will have all been worth it.

I apologize for the impending Armageddon but this is how it has to be.  :(

Do you really think this scenario would change her mind?
It'll all be the lefties fault, stymieing poor Donald's plans.
After all, every conservative knows George II is blameless.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Nam on March 17, 2016, 03:58:32 AM
Quote from: Steeler on March 17, 2016, 03:17:07 AM

I'd rather have Clinton than any current Republican.

-Nam

Yeah, she's a known quantity.  It's likely to be more of the same, which ain't that bad for me.  Bernie is too much of a paradigm shift, Cruz is totally untested as a leader, and Trump might be disaster.  Hillary is like that old pair of shorts I put on Saturday morning - not gonna upset my routine.  That's what I want in a president - don't rock the boat.

Crow

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 17, 2016, 11:32:43 AM
Yeah, she's a known quantity.  It's likely to be more of the same, which ain't that bad for me.  Bernie is too much of a paradigm shift, Cruz is totally untested as a leader, and Trump might be disaster.  Hillary is like that old pair of shorts I put on Saturday morning - not gonna upset my routine.  That's what I want in a president - don't rock the boat.

So something that has been hanging around nether regions for a long time and has become haggard doing so.
Retired member.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Bluenose on March 17, 2016, 06:54:15 AM
Can I put a word in from the rest of the world, please? We're all dead set scared witless at the prospect that you're going to elect one of the douche-canoe GOP candidates on offer. We've long given up hoping that someone will ever get elected POTUS who actually understands that the USA is not the whole world and that not everyone shares the unsupported belief, apparently held by do many of your citizens, that your system of government is the best there is. So we have the choice of Bernie or Hilary. At least the latter seems to have some awareness of the rest of us. Oh, and while you're at it, could you please join the rest of the known inhabited universe and change over to the metric system? ;)

Weeeeell... The Russians seem to like him a lot...  :-X