News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on September 20, 2019, 08:29:36 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 20, 2019, 07:11:09 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on September 20, 2019, 04:40:04 PM
I'm a bit out of the loop but isn't tinder not the place you look for something long term?

And your point is?  ;D

That's there's a difference between a girlfriend and a juicy piece of... Well, you know...

por que no los dos?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on September 20, 2019, 08:57:02 PM
I'm a bit out of the loop but isn't tinder not the place you look for something long term?

And your point is?  ;D

That's there's a difference between a girlfriend and a juicy piece of... Well, you know...

por que no los dos?

Indeed  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Quote from: Buddy on September 20, 2019, 08:57:02 PM

And your point is?  ;D

por que no los dos?

I'm sorry but I only understand English and Portuguese.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Grew up to be an independent woman.  :thumbsup:

Magdalena

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Magdalena on September 21, 2019, 12:56:21 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 21, 2019, 12:47:15 AM
Yes.  :hanky:

I haven't been here long enough to see the whole growing up thing with Buddy, so I'm not as touched by it, I guess.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Why can't I sleep? No matter what I try it won't come.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 21, 2019, 02:40:05 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 21, 2019, 12:56:21 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 21, 2019, 12:47:15 AM
Yes.  :hanky:

I haven't been here long enough to see the whole growing up thing with Buddy, so I'm not as touched by it, I guess.
I think Buddy was 16 when she joined the forum 9 or 10 years ago. She has grown up here, into the lovely young woman that she is, right before our eyes.

Buddy

Im freaking dying at your replies  :lol:

I was 15 I think when I joined, so you guys got to witness all my teenage angst haha.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on September 21, 2019, 01:03:51 PM
Im freaking dying at your replies  :lol:

I was 15 I think when I joined, so you guys got to witness all my teenage angst haha.

We won't mention Sweden. Ooops I did! :rofl:

Sandra Craft

Quote from: jumbojak on September 21, 2019, 08:56:25 AM
Why can't I sleep? No matter what I try it won't come.

Who knows with insomnia?  It could be something very specific or just some weird chemical glitch.  I've been awake 36 hours now, but since I don't work any more it doesn't matter so I've spent most of that time sewing and binge-watching "Fear the Walking Dead". 

When I was working I often just stayed up and hoped that I'd be tired enough the next night to start sleeping again.  If I really needed to sleep, a long, hot bath and a couple of night-time aspirin sometimes helped.

Is your doctor helpful about insomnia?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany