News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I did it. I went and bought a New Nintendo 3DS XL. I also treated myself to a copy of an old Zelda game, which I read had excellent reviews: Ocarina of time.

If purchasing these two products was a bad decision time will tell. They weren't too cheap. ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 06, 2018, 12:16:32 PM
I did it. I went and bought a New Nintendo 3DS XL. I also treated myself to a copy of an old Zelda game, which I read had excellent reviews: Ocarina of time.

If purchasing these two products was a bad decision time will tell. They weren't too cheap. ::)

I've played Ocarina... really fun game. Hope you really like the 3ds!

jumbojak

I haven't played games in a long time but I can they'll you that Ocarina of Time is awesome! Knowing it's available again almost makes me want a Nintendo.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Cool, can't wait for it to arrive in the mail!  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Well, Ocarina of Time arrived but the handheld console itself is going to take a long time still. I don't think it comes with a charger, so I'll probably have to order one of those as well.  ::)

jumbojak

That must be torture. The game is RIGHT there, but you can't play it.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 20, 2018, 03:00:35 AM
That must be torture. The game is RIGHT there, but you can't play it.

Yeah, I'm extremely curious about this game, with its great reviews and all. The console only arrives in the mail next month.  :(

jumbojak

It's the only game I know of where music is an integral part of playing. Absolutely brilliant and captivating.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 20, 2018, 03:06:57 AM
It's the only game I know of where music is an integral part of playing. Absolutely brilliant and captivating.

:grin: I like music, and I like captivating games.

xSilverPhinx

The console was supposed to have arrived by now. :sad sigh:

jumbojak

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 08, 2018, 02:26:06 AM
Bandits, maybe?

That's always a possibility.  :(

But if it got stolen en route or lost in the mail (yeah, right) it's not my problem, the hypermarket I bought it from almost certainly has their items insured. 

xSilverPhinx

My charger arrived but no console yet. :(

If it doesn't arrive on Monday I'm going to have to ask my mother to call and complain. It has to be her because I used her card. :P

(It's not what you think, I gave her the money upfront...it's that she gets a good discount. :smilenod:)

xSilverPhinx

I sent them a message on Tuesday and got a reply today. They messed up but the console will arrive in up to 5 business days. Maybe that means I'll finally get the console close to Christmas? ::)

joeactor

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 16, 2018, 07:58:11 PM
I sent them a message on Tuesday and got a reply today. They messed up but the console will arrive in up to 5 business days. Maybe that means I'll finally get the console close to Christmas? ::)

Typical... Hope you get it soon!