News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Brand new - to this board and to atheism

Started by *Ace*, December 14, 2014, 01:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Ace*

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 14, 2014, 09:24:03 PM

Were else have you been? :) Do you travel often?

Not nearly as often as I'd like! I spent a summer studying in Spain in college (1996) and spent some time with family friends in France thereafter. I've been to Italy, Switzerland, and the Netherlands as well. Canada, Brazil ... that might be it, I think. I think travel is the best way one can spend her money, and I hope we'll be able to do a lot more of it in the near future. My fiance and I are planning to spend 2 weeks in Germany for our honeymoon. (He's originally from Germany; we'll be staying with his grandmother and spending time with family.) And we've recently been toying with the idea of trying to retire there, but that's at least 15 years down the road. If we're lucky.
My opinions change with new information.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: *Ace* on December 15, 2014, 04:23:12 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 14, 2014, 09:24:03 PM

Were else have you been? :) Do you travel often?

Not nearly as often as I'd like! I spent a summer studying in Spain in college (1996) and spent some time with family friends in France thereafter. I've been to Italy, Switzerland, and the Netherlands as well. Canada, Brazil ... that might be it, I think. I think travel is the best way one can spend her money, and I hope we'll be able to do a lot more of it in the near future. My fiance and I are planning to spend 2 weeks in Germany for our honeymoon. (He's originally from Germany; we'll be staying with his grandmother and spending time with family.) And we've recently been toying with the idea of trying to retire there, but that's at least 15 years down the road. If we're lucky.

I couldn't agree more that traveling is the best way to spend one's money. I'm saving up to go...somewhere. I don't know yet.    ;D

I've never been to those places (except Brazil obviously, although even in Brazil there are loads of must-see places I haven't visited), but I would like to :).

Sounds like a fun idea for a honeymoon!  8)   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Eric V Arachnid

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Misanthropic Curmudgeon

Biggus Dickus

Hi Ace and Welcome to HAF.

This is a good forum with a lot of kind and caring people from all over, all of us have travelled different roads to arrive here as atheist (Although we do have some resident theist)

Some as outlined below were never believers, other such as myself were raised with a staunch religious backgrounds (I was raised Catholic, which meant 12 years of Catholic school, plus being an altar boy, etc..) anyway we are a diverse crowd.

I noticed in your OP you mentioned having quit drinking and dealing with the anxiety that can bring on,  I'll be sober one full year next week, so maybe we can bounce some of our issues off each other? Might be a good idea for a thread.

See you around ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."