News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Started by Court, July 24, 2006, 03:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jassman

Quote from: "onlyme"Hang on a minute, the point I was trying to make is these things I listed, I did in my younger (school) days.  There is NO way I could mug a person now, or attempt to kill them.  That's because something happened in my heart when Jesus showed Himself to me.    I couldn't harm another human being since then, as it would harm myself as much, if not more.  I'm sure you lot don't get my drift on this point.  I thought you were intelligent enough to know the difference.  Maybe not.  I didn't change myself.  I couldn't.

Ah, well, I'm not getting through, am I?

Does anyone at all understand?

Well... thank God for the placebo effect! ;)

Anyway, I think MommaSquid is probably being a little hard on you. You don't seem like much of a threat from your posts here. Someone doesn't risk losing all of their integrity on a forum talking about some horrible things they used to do, if they haven't gotten over it, right? I hope so, anyway. Either way I think it just looked a bit more dramatic then it should be when those four quotes of yours were placed together.
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Court

Quote from: "onlyme"Christianity is pointless.
Amen. (PS- Yes, I totally took that out of context. That's not what onlyme meant. I just thought it incredibly appropriate.)
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

MommaSquid

Edited:

Quote from: "onlyme"Do you really think I would have posted that if there was no change in my life.

I think you believe you have changed.  I am not convinced.

Quote from: "onlyme"Have you people not read the new testament story of zaccheus, the tax collector...

Using a bible quote to defend your position doesn't score any points with me.

Asmodean Prime

mommasquid, I love your postings!

Seriously, though, give me some credit at least.  I would rather help a person than do them harm.  Is that not a good thing?

My life in recent years bears this out.  It's not just an anomymous painting of myself in an internet forum.

If I am a fraud, I have nothing to say that is worth hearing.  Please switch off now.  If, however, I have witnessed something of a change in my life, please at least give me a chance, otherwise you are just blinkered, and in my opinion would rather hear a conman who would deceive, rob and harm you, just because he has clever words to ply you with.

I am an ordinary guy, hence the username, onlyme.  I made my mistakes, yes, but I regret them deeply.  I think I am a better person now.  I know I am.   Why can't you people accept that?

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "MommaSquid"
Quote from: "onlyme"I think you are very cynical to take that view.

I am cynical and a little paranoid.  That doesn’t mean I’m wrong.

Quote from: "onlyme"Do you really think I would have posted that if there was no change in my life.

I think you believe you have changed.  I am not convinced.

Quote from: "onlyme"Have you people not read the new testament story of zaccheus, the tax collector…

Using a bible quote to defend your position doesn’t score any points with me.  

Quote from: "onlyme"I AM a different person from then.  I could NEVER  harm another person now, and sleep at night.  

Methinks he doth protest too much.

Quote from: "onlyme"…you are not doing me justice…

That is not my job!

Quote from: "onlyme"…and also not showing your own intelligence…

Don’t worry your pretty little head about that.  

Quote from: "Jassman"I think it just looked a bit more dramatic then it should be when those four quotes of yours were placed together.

I think the emphasis was necessary.  When you spread statements out over the course of dozens of posts, maybe onlyme seems harmless to some of you.  But not to me.  If we were having these conversations in

person, I know I wouldn’t be sitting next to this guy.

mommasquid, it seems to me that you hate me, don't you?

Even though you said something to the contrary in an earlier posting.

Why?

Court

Onlyme, the more you defend yourself, the more hypocritical you sound. Just drop it. I don't trust you (I don't think I have for a while, though). Mommasquid doesn't trust you. That's not going to change, especially if you keep talking about what a good person you are. You're insistence is more convincing that you're lying than anything else.
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

MommaSquid

Quote from: "onlyme"...it seems to me that you hate me...

I don't hate you.  But I don't trust you.

Quote from: "Court"Onlyme, the more you defend yourself, the more hypocritical you sound. Just drop it. I don't trust you (I don't think I have for a while, though). Mommasquid doesn't trust you. That's not going to change, especially if you keep talking about what a good person you are. You're insistence is more convincing that you're lying than anything else.

Well said, Court

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Court"Onlyme, the more you defend yourself, the more hypocritical you sound. Just drop it. I don't trust you (I don't think I have for a while, though). Mommasquid doesn't trust you. That's not going to change, especially if you keep talking about what a good person you are. You're insistence is more convincing that you're lying than anything else.

court, you make a very good point

I dont know what to do in that case.  I've always said, though, that I don't consider myself a good person or a good Christian.   What can I do, what can I say?

Why should I lie, though?  I COULD lie, and nobody would give two hoots, but why should I lie?

It's a hard life.

Court

You know what I would do? Not worry about it. Not everyone can like you or think you're a good person. Get over it.
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

Jassman

Quote from: "onlyme"I dont know what to do in that case.

Probably the only thing that can be done is to ignore this issue and move on. Just continue taking part in discussions and let everyone form (or reform) their opinions of you from that. I guess that's just how the world works...
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Asmodean Prime

I love this forum, don't you:?

maybe I shouldn't have said that.

who knows?

This is a great place to bounce ideas off one-another

Asmodean Prime

mommasquid, you said:

I don't hate you, but I don't trust you.

why not? do you think I have some underlying purpose that is meant to undermine you or cause you harm?

please respond.

Although, at the end of the day, I find that it's common for people not to trust me.

I don't know the answer, as I've said before, I'm just a seeker.

Court

Wow, we tell you to just drop it and you refuse. Onlyme, you're just getting annoying.
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Jassman"Probably the only thing that can be done is to ignore this issue and move on. Just continue taking part in discussions and let everyone form (or reform) their opinions of you from that. I guess that's just how the world works...

Excellent advice.  

I'm going to retire to a neutral corner, so to speak.  I'll refrain from responding to onlyme.   For now.

Asmodean Prime

I can live with that.

Can you?