News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Interview a Famous, Historical or ,,, Other Person

Started by The Magic Pudding, July 09, 2011, 03:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

I don't know if a thread such as this exists elsewhere, I suppose it's possible.

Ask a question of an historical or fictional character and someone answers in character.
I don't think answering a question should demand a new question.
I'm not sure if only one question should be open at once, I'm open on the matter.
I'm not opposed to more than one answer to a question either.
New questions for the same character after one is answered should be encouraged.
You could ask a question of Darwin, Napolean, Ned Flanders, The Human shadow left on the Hiroshima wall, 65 year old 15th century Molly who's never missed an execution.

Questions and answers could be humorous or serious.

The Magic Pudding

A question for Alfred Russel Wallace.

Bumpkin Baptist preachers curse Darwin's name but never bother mentioning you.
You got a line but Darwin got a city.
Does this piss you off, do you blame the class system for ignoring merit, or god for sinking your boat?

Rizuidad

(OOC, I do not know how Alfred Wallace Would Speak. I presume like an 18th century englishman...?)

Yes, well, I'm very sorry ol' boy. I'm quite ashamed of my abilities that I couldn't quite stand up to the greats of history. What sunk me, I presume, oh yes, was my final treatise on the back of my book about the aethere, how it could quite possibly involve fashionable redundancies in the ape populations of mandagangascar. No, not madagascar, old chap. Mandagangascar. My book, you see, postulated that soon we would see a megalomaniacal rise of intelligent beast-apes, soon here to replace us.

Sigh... It would have made quite the picture book. I would have titled it, "PLANETE, DEL ORANGETANGUES." But that dolt, darwin took all the credit, with his "Origin of Species." Bah. The Fool.

Oh. And yes, I do blame god. Bloody God. *smokes pipe*

The Magic Pudding

The serpent from the garden of Eden, I've heard a lot of criticism thrown at him but has anyone ever given him the right of reply?  I think the time has come for him to tell his story.

xSilverPhinx

So many possibilities, long lines of them in fact...

I think I'd start with Thomas Edison and ask him why he would pass off ideas as if they were his own, especially when it came to personal profits.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

I'd like to question some famous generals.
Robert E Lee, why did you not issue firmer and clearer orders to your subordinate generals?  Especially, at Gettysburg, why did you give Ewell any latitude about attacking Cemetery Hill on the evening of the first?
Haig, why were there not adequate reserves to finish the job at Cambrai?
Prince Rupert, why didn't you control your cavalry at Naseby when you had already made the same mistake at Edgehill?

Rizuidad

Robert E. Lee speaking:

I lost the bet.

Serpent from the Garden of Eden:

Weell...you human's really have nooo connncept of a poooisson tester.... do you?

Thomas edison:

I totally thought of that.