News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

The Talmud?

Started by SisterAgatha, October 03, 2017, 12:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

Have any of you read the Talmud?

It is basically the codification of Jewish law.

I am sort of curious about it. Apparently is like the Jewish version of our very own catechism. Sort of the distillation of Jewish laws and teachings in a massive book form.

I know there is some controversy about it, but I do not know why there should be?

Are there anyone here who can help?

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

There is a site called Google it helps you find interesting sites on the internet.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

SisterAgatha

The Talmud is rather dense and almost like reading a phone book.

A book full of "Jewish cunning" as Sister Bellarmine likes to put it.

I just wonder if anyone has purused it or if there is anything worth knowing in it.

You know..you people are pretty mean to Christians but seem to give the Jews a pass..

Dragonia

What the hell are you talking about???  You have GOT to stop referring to us as "you people"  and pulling absurd ideas out of your ass, like
Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 03, 2017, 08:04:41 PM
You know..you people are pretty mean to Christians but seem to give the Jews a pass..

Once again, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. 
I just can't.......
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Tank

Quote from: Dragonia on October 03, 2017, 09:04:13 PM
What the hell are you talking about???  You have GOT to stop referring to us as "you people"  and pulling absurd ideas out of your ass, like

Once again, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. 
I just can't.......

Breath!!!! Count to 10 and ignore the troll.

Biggus Dickus

I just wonder if anyone has purused it or if there is anything worth knowing in it.

Not only are you a troll, but you're a anti-semantic troll at that, and a rather bad one. Is this the best you can do?

(This includes your rather insensitive and disgusting remark about "Jews, Ovens and the Holocaust" from one of your other postings)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 03, 2017, 09:24:17 PM

Not only are you a troll, but you're a anti-semantic troll at that, and a rather bad one. Is this the best you can do?

(This includes your rather insensitive and disgusting remark about "Jews, Ovens and the Holocaust" from one of your other postings)
I didn't see that. Probably good thing for SisterAgnes that I didn't. If you find the comment please report the post and quote it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on October 03, 2017, 09:29:02 PM

I didn't see that. Probably good thing for SisterAgnes that I didn't. If you find the comment please report the post and quote it.

:this:

Sometimes we can't keep up with the amount of manure a troll can put out, reporting a specific post is a quick way to bring that post to our attention.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

If a Jewish person becomes a member of HAF and posts nonsense like you do, we'll give him the business too.  Until then, and in the absence of Muslim or Satanic or whatever members posting nonsense as well, little Xtian you gets it. 

The solution -- as many an atheist/agnostic member who've posted nonsense here has found -- is to stop posting nonsense.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

The problem is that practically no Jewish people feel compelled to prance around the internet finding atheists to have some fun with. Muslims and Christians on the other hand . . .
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

No one

On the other hand.......you have different fingers.

[SW]

Bad Penny II

I don't think she's anti-semantic, I find the keen Catholic quite obsessive about meaning.
Anti-reason would be a better fit.

It just wouldn't be fair to blame SisterAgatha for sharing what Sister Bellarmine says.
As my fellow hater Boris says, " All those celibate Cathos are kiddy fiddlers and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children, let them practice their perversions on each other."

Now I can't be blamed for what Boris says, you can't report me, I'm just providing .... context.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.