News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 13, 2018, 04:15:16 PM
Quote from: Buddy on December 12, 2018, 10:50:58 PM
I've decided to take up embroidery, because nothing says stress relief like stabbing something 2000 times

:snicker1:
Yeah, right up until you stab yourself!

I already sew as a hobby, stabbing myself is almost second nature by now.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on December 13, 2018, 04:13:48 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 13, 2018, 04:03:28 PM
Quote from: Buddy on December 12, 2018, 10:50:58 PM
I've decided to take up embroidery, because nothing says stress relief like stabbing something 2000 times

:lol:

I got this beautiful kit. It will hang by our front door.
Ohhhh....I want one!

Or maybe a door mat... ::)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 13, 2018, 04:05:53 PM
It's too hot outside to take the bus home.  :headshake:

Trying to gather the courage to go outside and get in a wheeled oven bus for an hour in this scorching heat.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 13, 2018, 04:37:53 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 13, 2018, 04:05:53 PM
It's too hot outside to take the bus home.  :headshake:

Trying to gather the courage to go outside and get in a wheeled oven bus for an hour in this scorching heat.

We have the opposite problem. It's cold as tits here and having to start the car 15 minutes early is the worst
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Buddy

Just checked airline prices from Chicago to London for next November. 600 dollars round trip via Iceland Air. Hmmmmm

Icarus

What the hell, I might have taken up embroidery if I had known there were such creative kits.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Icarus on December 13, 2018, 11:41:55 PM
What the hell, I might have taken up embroidery if I had known there were such creative kits.

There's a lot of interesting patterns out there -- this is not your grandma's embroidery.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Took my mother to the hospital so she could get some varicose veins in her left leg removed. They make patients and people accompanying them wait practically the whole day. I left her there with my sister to go to the lab for a few hours in the afternoon and when I returned she had still not undergone surgery.

Why do they do that?  :wtf:  Make people wait the entire day? Surely there are better ways to organise patient surgeries so that people don't have to wait long.

Anyway, poor mom. It's hot as hell and she has her left leg all covered in gauze wraps.

jumbojak

Here they usually give you a time to come back. The last time I took someone for surgery I went out and ran errands for a while.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on December 19, 2018, 04:21:11 PM
Here they usually give you a time to come back. The last time I took someone for surgery I went out and ran errands for a while.

Makes way more sense, but here, and in the public health system, they don't even say what time people will go into surgery because people at the bottom of the list can be bumped up if they show up at the hospital on the day they're told to. Older people have preferential treatment over younger ones. You guarantee a time slot for the day, but there's no telling which.

xSilverPhinx

Nothing's on my mind besides how tired I am.

:notsure: This is what meditation must feel like. I just stare at the wall and my mind goes empty.

Dark Lightning

Sounds like just plain animal fatigue. I get to the point where I just stare at the wall when I'm really tired. Coffee only helps so much; then I just have to crash and really sleep.

hermes2015

Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 14, 2018, 12:01:38 AM
Quote from: Icarus on December 13, 2018, 11:41:55 PM

There's a lot of interesting patterns out there -- this is not your grandma's embroidery.

A long time ago I designed a piece of embroidery to be executed under my supervision. I drew the design on canvas and then chose the colours, the positions of which I then indicated when it was being embroidered. So it was being designed in real time, which led to a few changes of mind and unpicking, much to the frustration of my ex, who was doing the actual needlework. No, this was not the cause of the divorce. Here is a photo of the work in progress.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

I have no idea what that's supposed to be but I LIKE IT!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on December 20, 2018, 05:04:14 AM
I have no idea what that's supposed to be but I LIKE IT!

Thank you. As for what it is, all I can tell you is that the primary seed or inspiration for the design was the shape of the bone in a roast leg of lamb. After that I just applied variations on the shape and chose colour combinations I found appealing.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames