News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

You as terrififed as me of Roy Moore be elected to Alabama Senate?

Started by Curt, October 01, 2017, 12:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Recusant on December 15, 2017, 04:05:23 AM
Quote from: Davin on December 14, 2017, 06:06:04 PMThey also constantly fail to realize that amendments are part of the constitution.

Well they shouldn't be! (According to Roy Moore.) That repulsive pustule is pining for the good ol' days before the American Civil War. OK, I'm sure you already know all that, but it should be noted in this thread.

I think Christian apologetics has confuse these peoples minds, they use the same line of illogical thinking to determine what parts of the bible to believe, and what parts of the constitution they need to follow, which is why the Alabama Court of Judiciary ousted him from the bench twice. Not because of Moore's substantive views but his sheer lack of integrity and impartiality.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 15, 2017, 03:05:42 PM
Quote from: Davin on December 15, 2017, 02:59:59 PM
Quote from: Recusant on December 15, 2017, 04:05:23 AM
Quote from: Davin on December 14, 2017, 06:06:04 PMThey also constantly fail to realize that amendments are part of the constitution.

Well they shouldn't be! (According to Roy Moore.) That repulsive pustule is pining for the good ol' days before the American Civil War. OK, I'm sure you already know all that, but it should be noted in this thread.
I can see why he would like to repeal both women's suffrage and slavery, he would have won if the only white men were allowed to vote.

He would have won if only white people voted, period. White women went 2/3 majority for Moore.

Even black men were only 92% against. Given the margin with which Jones won, black women decided this election going 97% against Moore.

He is on record praising slavery. I haven't kept up with this topic because there was literally nothing I could do to stop Moore, not being a citizen of AL, so following the train wreck this was is just unnecessary stress. So idk if anyone has posted that link yet.
Yes, if black women voted like black men, then Jones would have lost.

If women couldn't have voted, then Jones would have lost. If blacks couldn't have voted then Jones would have lost. It was the combination that worked, due in large part to black women. If we break down just the people that voted for Jones, we see that black women gave Jones almost 16.7% of the total vote. White women however were the next level up at about 10.5% of Jones' votes. Black men gave Jones about 10.2% of his vote total, then white men gave Jones about 9.1%.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.