News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Where do babies come from?

Started by TinkerBelle, December 04, 2010, 03:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkerBelle

My 3 year old daughter is visiting me for a couple of days (since my health is currently stable). Her grandmother and 9 month pregnant aunt (on her father's side) dropped her off today. They have informed my daughter that babies come from your mouth... Yes, read it again. It's not a typo. Is it me, or is that just stupid? It doesn't bother me that she believes in Santa, but for some reason, lying to a child about legitimate science/biology just pisses me off. I want my kids to be informed. What do you think? Am I wrong? Should I try to correct this? Maybe I should keep my mouth shut? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Holly (frustrated and stymied)  :brick:
"You must try it, it's a delicacy, but don't eat the penis, it's just garnish." - The Ref

TinkerBelle

Update: Took care of the situation last night using a puppet named "Woody the block monster" (one of many silly characters I created for my daughter), and some tastefully done photographs. She was completely accepting of the truth.

If a child is old enough to ask the question, then they're old enough to hear the answer, IMO. (about most things)

Why are people so afraid/ashamed to talk about the human body?
"You must try it, it's a delicacy, but don't eat the penis, it's just garnish." - The Ref

Will

The classic response: "Go ask your mother/father."

Honestly, though, you're better off just laying down the basics because kids who are properly prepared tend not to make as many mistakes. I don't see sex as a taboo, just a part of life that can be really, really awesome.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

TinkerBelle

Quote from: "Will"The classic response: "Go ask your mother/father."

Honestly, though, you're better off just laying down the basics because kids who are properly prepared tend not to make as many mistakes. I don't see sex as a taboo, just a part of life that can be really, really awesome.

Agreed. Just to be clear, I didn't give her "The Talk" as she is still too young for it. I simply wanted her to have an understanding that babies do not come out of your mouth. She gets that now, and that's all she needs to know for the time being. If I'm still around when she's ready for the facts of life discussion, I am prepared to do so. There's no need for things like this to be the elephant in the room. My mother was straight with me as a curious child, and I will gladly pass it along. Is there anyone on this forum that has a different view?

DJAkuma

They come from strippers who lie about the status of their birth control....at least that's where mine came from.

Cite134

Quote from: "DJAkuma"They come from strippers who lie about the status of their birth control....at least that's where mine came from.

lol
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan.

Asmodean

Quote from: "DJAkuma"They come from strippers who lie about the status of their birth control....at least that's where mine came from.
Elaborate.

Need dirt.

Waitwait..!

... ...

:)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ihateyoumike

No picture's? Didn't happen.  :pop:
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "TinkerBelle"My 3 year old daughter is visiting me for a couple of days (since my health is currently stable). Her grandmother and 9 month pregnant aunt (on her father's side) dropped her off today. They have informed my daughter that babies come from your mouth... Yes, read it again. It's not a typo. Is it me, or is that just stupid? It doesn't bother me that she believes in Santa, but for some reason, lying to a child about legitimate science/biology just pisses me off. I want my kids to be informed. What do you think? Am I wrong? Should I try to correct this? Maybe I should keep my mouth shut? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Holly (frustrated and stymied)  :brick:

Sounds like you need to have a talk with your parents and tell them not to be filling her head with BS.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"No picture's? Didn't happen.  :pop:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

DJAkuma

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"No picture's? Didn't happen.  :pop:

I've got pictues but they're not really appropriate for this forum, some of them I'll probably hold onto for custoday battle purposes.

To make a long story short I was a DJ at a local gentlemen's club and started dating one of the girls, after a couple of weeks I realized I really needed to kick her to the curb. She saw it coming and rather than do the rational thing and leave before getting dumped she decided to stop taking her birth control thinking that if she got pregnant I'd keep her around. It didn't work, she got pregnant but she still got dumped. the whole plan kinda blew up in her face, child protective services took the kid as soon as she was born (I guess meth, opiates and alcohol do show up in the blood tests). Her parents were awarded legal guardianship.

Asmodean

Quote from: "DJAkuma"I've got pictues but they're not really appropriate for this forum, some of them I'll probably hold onto for custoday battle purposes.
[spoiler:2g56fle3]Use spoilers  :pop:[/spoiler:2g56fle3]
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Thumpalumpacus

Illegitimi non carborundum.

DJAkuma

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"LMAO, don't piss Asmo off!

I so don't want to post pictures of my daughter's mom online, unless of course someone from the seattle area gets me really wasted and convinces me that it would be a great idea.

Asmodean

Quote from: "DJAkuma"I so don't want to post pictures of my daughter's mom online, unless of course someone from the seattle area gets me really wasted and convinces me that it would be a great idea.
Five Internets to the first one to get me the DIRT!  :rant:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.