News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Who will save the Democratic Party?

Started by SisterAgatha, November 25, 2017, 09:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

I think she is a bad loser, because she blamed almost everyone and everything for her loss.
- Sexism
- Bernie Saunders and his followers
- Vladimir Putin
- James Comey
- Barack Obama
- The media
- Jill Stein
- White resentment
- etc.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Davin

Quote from: Tom62 on November 28, 2017, 07:14:33 PM
I think she is a bad loser, because she blamed almost everyone and everything for her loss.
You call her a sore loser for looking into and explaining the reasons why she thinks she lost? That doesn't make any sense.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

Quote from: Davin on November 28, 2017, 07:50:37 PM
Quote from: Tom62 link=topic=15438.msg364151#msg364151 date=159647 Trumop3
You call her a sore loser for looking into and explaining the reasons why she thinks she lost? That doesn't make any sense.

To me it does. To me she comes across as a whining, self-pitying, pathetic, little baby who didn't get her cookie  ;)
I'm not saying that Trump is better. Both were horrible candidates to choose from.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on November 29, 2017, 05:19:14 AM
To me it does. To me she comes across as a whining, self-pitying, pathetic, little baby who didn't get her cookie  ;)
Come on, Tom62, don't be shy, don't beat around the bush... :smileshake: Tell us how you really see Hillary Clinton...I don't think you were clear enough.

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Davin on November 28, 2017, 07:50:37 PM
Quote from: Tom62 link=topic=15438.msg364151#msg364151 date=159647 Trumop3

You might need to look into why you feel that way when the facts don't support it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tom62 on November 28, 2017, 07:14:33 PM
- Sexism
- Bernie Saunders and his followers
- Vladimir Putin
- James Comey
- Barack Obama
- The media
- Jill Stein
- White resentment
- etc.

There it is...white resentment.

The "Alt-Right" feel the same way about Hillary, and all women. "They need to be quite, and just shut the fuck up"!

In fact what is strange about the GOP, and Christians, and Nazis is that even though they scream about Muslims, and want to restrict their constitutional rights and even put them into camps. They themselves want pretty much the same thing which the extremist Muslims have in some countries.

Look at Vice President Pence. This dick-wad won't go to lunch or dinner meetings alone with women because, you know the women may attack him or be so scantily dressed that his maleness can't resist so he'll end up sexually assaulting them.

Apparently the new thing with the Alt-Right is, 'WHITE SHARIA'.

You can read about it here.
WHAT IS 'WHITE SHARIA'? ALT-RIGHT BLOGGER DOESN'T WANT WOMEN TO VOTE, DRIVE OR WORK

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tom62

Quote from: Magdalena on November 29, 2017, 05:39:53 AM
Come on, Tom62, don't be shy, don't beat around the bush... :smileshake: Tell us how you really see Hillary Clinton...I don't think you were clear enough.

Let's just say that I don't like her at all. I also think that it would be good for everyone if she'd leave the political arena and fade into obscurity.
Robert A. Heinlein

SisterAgatha

For some reason I doubt it will be Elizabeth Warren. She might be right on the economic issues, but she has less charisma or warmth than even Hillary Clinton or Maggie Thatcher. She is like a female version of Michael Dukakis. Or perhaps a female Water Mondale.

Im not saying she is wrong, just she'd have a hard time getting elected.

She is however right or at least convincing on one issue. I read her book and her main thesis is that one of the largest reasons the income inequality gap has been increasing and the middle class shrinking is the lack of government intervention in the lives of businesses/capital.

There was massive government regulation from the end of World War II up until the early 1980s.

It does seem that the "American dream" of owning a home of your own, with a white picket fence and two car garage seems far more unattainable than it used to be..and those in that "American middle class" are at increased risk of losing it all.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on December 01, 2017, 04:15:18 PM

Let's just say that I don't like her at all. I also think that it would be good for everyone if she'd leave the political arena and fade into obscurity.

I don't think Hillary has given me enough reasons to feel that way about her...Trump, on the other hand...Please don't get me started. I wish he would just leave the political arena and fade into obscurity.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

Quote from: Magdalena on December 01, 2017, 04:25:38 PM

I don't think Hillary has given me enough reasons to feel that way about her...Trump, on the other hand...Please don't get me started. I wish he would just leave the political arena and fade into obscurity.

I think that a lot of people hope that Trump would be impeached, although I rather doubt that this will happen. They tried to do it with Bill Clinton (kinda liked that guy), but failed. I still wonder why nobody wanted J.W. Bush's impeachment. He was the all-time dumbest president (and a war criminal). Nah, I'm afraid  that the USA will still be stuck with Trump for 3 more years.

I fear that, if the democrats doesn't find someone, who isn't like Clinton and who has more qualifications than just being a female and not Donald Trump, Trump will probably be reelected.
Robert A. Heinlein

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tom62 on December 01, 2017, 08:14:49 PM

I think that a lot of people hope that Trump would be impeached, although I rather doubt that this will happen. They tried to do it with Bill Clinton (kinda liked that guy), but failed. I still wonder why nobody wanted J.W. Bush's impeachment. He was the all-time dumbest president (and a war criminal). Nah, I'm afraid  that the USA will still be stuck with Trump for 3 more years.

They didn't fail with Bill Clinton, he was impeached.  They just didn't follow it up with a trial, which was just as well because the whole thing was silly from the get-go.

QuoteI fear that, if the democrats doesn't find someone, who isn't like Clinton and who has more qualifications than just being a female and not Donald Trump, Trump will probably be reelected.

Hilary Clinton had qualifications up the wazoo, she was by far one of the most qualified people ever to run for President and that's not just my opinion -- pols from both sides of the aisle said so.  And bear in mind I'm not a particular admirer of Clinton's, but fair is fair.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on December 01, 2017, 08:14:49 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 01, 2017, 04:25:38 PM

I fear that, if the democrats doesn't find someone, who isn't like Clinton and who has more qualifications than just being a female and not Donald Trump, Trump will probably be reelected.

I guess it depends on how you want to look at it. Maybe Hillary could've won, like you said, "just for being a female," or she lost, "just for being a female."  :sad sigh:
She was more qualified than Trump. (If you're into this sort of thing)--maybe he won "just for being a male." --A dumb male, but still...a male.

Davin

We have several Trump appointees, people that worked for him, and continue to work him, who have lied more than one time under oath about talking to Russian agents and/or having financial ties to Russia.

For comparison, Bill Clinton lied under oath about doing something that is legal. People that work for and worked for the self described "bitch" of a president lied under oath about doing illegal things with Russian agents. Also, bitch Turnip had been violating the constitution (emoluments clause at least), ever since he took office.