News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

This is harder than being a Christian!

Started by mayitry2answer, December 02, 2011, 10:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayitry2answer

1.  Why did you join HAF.
     To ask and answer questions

2.  Why did you provide such a broad age range rather than just not providing one at all?  30-60 is a big difference in age and life experience.
     I just don't want to be judged by race, color, age, etc.

3.  Which Bible did you read...and did you read all of it (not asking for anything more than that)?

King James Bible
NIV Bible
New King James Bible
I don't remember what version the first Bible I read.

Asmodean

Quote from: mayitry2answer on December 02, 2011, 03:07:16 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 02, 2011, 11:29:12 AM
One question: why did you join here?

I hope to share my view and to learn and observe the view of others about the world at large.
Why do you want to share your view with us in particular?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: mayitry2answer on December 02, 2011, 03:25:25 PM
Well forums tend to be a great leveler in this respect as one should be judged just on what one writes. You shouldn't worry about that here anyway as it is I have never seen any member express any racist or seriously sexist comments and as the owner is female I wouldn't expect any. We have active members from 15/16 to 60+ and from most English-speaking nations. We have a few theist members. Some members have always been atheists and some are ex-christians of various previous denomination so you are not likely to bring up any subjects that have not been brought up before.

People should be civil to you, but your ideas are only as respectable as you can make them so don't expect to go unchallenged once you have graduated to the serious forums.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Good and Godless

I'm interested in the title of your thread.  What is harder than being a Christian?
"A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectively on sympathy, education and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." -Albert Einstein
http://goodandgodless.blogspot.com/

KingPhilip

Welcome to the forum. :D As many have said, all are accepted and welcome here, but attempts to convert are not. As for being judged by age, I first joined up here when I was but 15 and not once did I notice anyone think or speak less of me because of it. People here judge more on what you say than random facts about you.

Hope you enjoy your time here, always nice to have more views on things.
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~ Krishnamurti

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on December 02, 2011, 03:38:58 PM
Well forums tend to be a great leveler in this respect as one should be judged just on what one writes. You shouldn't worry about that here anyway as it is I have never seen any member express any racist or seriously sexist comments and as the owner is female I wouldn't expect any. We have active members from 15/16 to 60+ and from most English-speaking nations. We have a few theist members. Some members have always been atheists and some are ex-christians of various previous denomination so you are not likely to bring up any subjects that have not been brought up before.

F'real, this is one of the most non-judgemental group of individuals I have ever come across on the internets.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen someone here shoot down another member for who they are, only for what they say.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sandra Craft

That's unlikely to happen, since even if you told us your race, color, age, etc. we'd have no way of knowing that was true outside of actually meeting you, and that's probably not going to happen. 

(I was forever scarred by the imagine of fat, middle-aged men going online and pretending to be sex-starved co-eds named Brittany)
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 03, 2011, 12:11:31 AM

F'real, this is one of the most non-judgemental group of individuals I have ever come across on the internets.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen someone here shoot down another member for who they are, only for what they say.

I've only been here for a little over a month, but I'm a Christian, and I agree with the above. This is really a very non-judgmental group.  I've haven't seen anyone judged for "what they are."

mayitry2answer

Quote from: Good and Godless on December 02, 2011, 09:32:36 PM
I'm interested in the title of your thread.  What is harder than being a Christian?

Hi! I was referring to this rule. Will I ever make my way out of this 'detention'?

Tank

Quote from: mayitry2answer on December 03, 2011, 10:21:40 AM

Hi! I was referring to this rule. Will I ever make my way out of this 'detention'?
4 posts to go now.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Tank on December 03, 2011, 10:23:22 AM
Quote from: mayitry2answer on December 03, 2011, 10:21:40 AM

4 posts to go now.
If you think this is bad imagine being nailed to a cross!

mayitry2answer

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 02, 2011, 04:24:02 PM
Welcome!

What sort of Christian are you?

I know only one type - (Acts 11:26)

I leave the rest to God to Judge.

mayitry2answer

Quote from: KingPhilip on December 02, 2011, 10:01:28 PM
Welcome to the forum. :D As many have said, all are accepted and welcome here, but attempts to convert are not. As for being judged by age, I first joined up here when I was but 15 and not once did I notice anyone think or speak less of me because of it. People here judge more on what you say than random facts about you.

Hope you enjoy your time here, always nice to have more views on things.

YES, I can feel the difference. Thanks!

mayitry2answer

Quote from: Asmodean on December 02, 2011, 03:31:35 PM
Quote from: mayitry2answer on December 02, 2011, 03:07:16 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 02, 2011, 11:29:12 AM
One question: why did you join here?

I hope to share my view and to learn and observe the view of others about the world at large.
Why do you want to share your view with us in particular?

:o :-[ :-X 8) :'(