News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Im going to hell

Started by Xiilent, March 27, 2012, 12:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Asmodean on March 27, 2012, 11:55:10 AM
Quote from: Too Few Lions on March 27, 2012, 11:25:41 AM
...or tell them that hell is a place reserved solely for assholes who tell others that they're going there.
I prefer my version.

"Yup. Going straight to hell. And there, I shall have me a job of roasting people like you on a spit. Forever.  :D "
It would be a brave and foolish Christian who'd tell the Asmo he's going to hell. I imagine they'd be the first to get impaled on your spit, and rightly so.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on March 27, 2012, 11:55:10 AM
Quote from: Too Few Lions on March 27, 2012, 11:25:41 AM
...or tell them that hell is a place reserved solely for assholes who tell others that they're going there.
I prefer my version.

"Yup. Going straight to hell. And there, I shall have me a job of roasting people like you on a spit. Forever.  :D "

Nice comeback! ;D

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

DeterminedJuliet

If someone said that to me in anger, I'd probably respond with "So are you!". And if that didn't shock them into silence, I might just say "It's obvious that you don't quite "believe" enough. God knows when you doubt, you know. I think you're going to fail his test." And that should pretty much make them paranoid and insane for a little bit.

It's kind of an asshole move, but if someone's trying to act like a bully, I have no problem acting like an asshole.

Now, for your average, mostly-well intentioned, "I'll pray for you", etc. I just ignore that. It really depends on the intentions of the person. 
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 27, 2012, 03:50:39 PM
Now, for your average, mostly-well intentioned, "I'll pray for you", etc. I just ignore that. It really depends on the intentions of the person. 
I tend to say "Heh... That's gonna be the mother of all prayers... Good luck with that! Remember to eat and sleep once in a while."
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Asmodean on March 27, 2012, 06:01:26 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 27, 2012, 03:50:39 PM
I tend to say "Heh... That's gonna be the mother of all prayers... Good luck with that! Remember to eat and sleep once in a while."

:D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

"You're going to hell!!"
"So are you. You're not a Muslim either."
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on March 27, 2012, 06:30:21 PM
"You're going to hell!!"
"So are you. You're not a Muslim either."

Hahaha, this is my fav come back so far!! :)

I also would probably bring up how they are not worshipping the right god, and then smile very cheshire like.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

reddevil0126

First, "If I have to go to hell because I do not believe in the god like that, I will be happy to.  I would rather stay away from him.  Any place without that kind of god is heaven ."

Second, "Yeah.  I will send my soul to the hell and I will let my body do whatever I want in this world."

Long time ago, I was in a train station.  A guy approached an old lady (looked older than 70) right by me and told her something like this, "Repent and and come to Jesus.  Or you will go to hell".  I guess a lot of those christians are just plain stupid or senseless.  I would never say something like that to an old folks like her. 

Amicale

Quote from: reddevil0126 on March 27, 2012, 09:41:52 PM
First, "If I have to go to hell because I do not believe in the god like that, I will be happy to.  I would rather stay away from him.  Any place without that kind of god is heaven ."

Second, "Yeah.  I will send my soul to the hell and I will let my body do whatever I want in this world."

Long time ago, I was in a train station.  A guy approached an old lady (looked older than 70) right by me and told her something like this, "Repent and and come to Jesus.  Or you will go to hell".  I guess a lot of those christians are just plain stupid or senseless.  I would never say something like that to an old folks like her. 

Yeah, it's sad that people are arrogant and senseless, all at once. It makes so many assumptions to walk up to ANYONE and say that... but when it's an elderly person, I find that particularly rude because geeze, they've lived their life, they've probably survived some VERY tough times, they've possibly raised a family, they've certainly contributed to their community -- and yet some people think they're still somehow responsible for telling them what to think or believe. This mentality is exactly why I don't try to sway my own elderly family members in their beliefs. I assume that after 70 or 80+ years (87 for the oldest, actually), they've thought all the religion and philosophy through pretty damned thoroughly and whatever they believe at this point, they must want to and/or need to, so they're more than welcome to.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

MadBomr101

Most everyone here has a place confirmed at God's eternal barbecue.  We also don't care because such a belief is laughable.  I'd have shaken my head at your friend and said something like "You poor, deluded schmuck."

Then we'd have gone out for a beer so I could hear more about the unending torment for which I was destined.  I'd have gotten a good laugh out of it.   ;D
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Amicale on March 27, 2012, 09:49:03 PM

Yeah, it's sad that people are arrogant and senseless, all at once. It makes so many assumptions to walk up to ANYONE and say that... but when it's an elderly person, I find that particularly rude because geeze, they've lived their life, they've probably survived some VERY tough times, they've possibly raised a family, they've certainly contributed to their community -- and yet some people think they're still somehow responsible for telling them what to think or believe. This mentality is exactly why I don't try to sway my own elderly family members in their beliefs. I assume that after 70 or 80+ years (87 for the oldest, actually), they've thought all the religion and philosophy through pretty damned thoroughly and whatever they believe at this point, they must want to and/or need to, so they're more than welcome to.

Only someone will truly NO sense would say that to an elderly person. :/
That really pisses me off.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 28, 2012, 01:39:23 AM
Quote from: Amicale on March 27, 2012, 09:49:03 PM

Only someone will truly NO sense would say that to an elderly person. :/
That really pisses me off.

Once, I did something truly evil. The same two Mormon boys had come to my door for a few days running, so I gave them my elderly Catholic grandfather's address. Then I called my gramps and told him the boys were on the way. And they WERE boys -- maybe 16, 17, they looked like. In other words, I was feeding the lambs to the lion. In my defense, I'd tried being polite, tried being nice, then tried being firm, and they still weren't getting it. So... off they went. They had a man born in 1925 sit them down, and tell them what was what. No tablets, no Moroni, no nothing. They got told to stay in school, to knock off their bullshit, to work hard, to quit bothering people, and finally, to get the hell out.

I'm told their only response to the above was "yes sir!" as they booked it down the driveway.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

DeterminedJuliet

Haha, I think I'd like your grandfather!

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 28, 2012, 02:51:40 AM

Eh, I'll say this for him. I love him, I respect him, but he can truly be a hardass in a lot of ways. He just happened to be one in the right way that day, as I knew he would be. ;)

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Amicale on March 28, 2012, 02:53:10 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 28, 2012, 02:51:40 AM

Eh, I'll say this for him. I love him, I respect him, but he can truly be a hardass in a lot of ways. He just happened to be one in the right way that day, as I knew he would be. ;)
That sounds amazing xD