News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

in some light, can't you sympathize with school shooters?

Started by MusicLovingAtheist, December 22, 2014, 02:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 25, 2014, 12:28:15 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 25, 2014, 08:32:31 AM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 25, 2014, 08:07:30 AM
Can MLA still read posts?
Yes. He can do everything but send PMs and post.

That's a light sentence. When I was banned from 600club they blocked me out of even reading for two weeks for a smartass one-liner. That was torturous!

I checked out the 600club last night.  Obviously I'm not a Satanist, but do they let non-Satanists post?

OldGit

Oh well, I won't have to lend out my hearing aids now.

Siz

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 25, 2014, 02:44:21 PM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 25, 2014, 12:28:15 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 25, 2014, 08:32:31 AM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 25, 2014, 08:07:30 AM
Can MLA still read posts?
Yes. He can do everything but send PMs and post.

That's a light sentence. When I was banned from 600club they blocked me out of even reading for two weeks for a smartass one-liner. That was torturous!

I checked out the 600club last night.  Obviously I'm not a Satanist, but do they let non-Satanists post?

I think if you explain yourself well enough in the first instance you might be OK... maybe... There're no specific rules about Xtians as far as I remember but as you might imagine their patience with religious trolls ran out long ago. Another thing you might consider is that they don't take kindly to being studied like lab rats. They will expect you to do your research in your own time. Converse on their level or not at all. It's not for everyone! Some of them are just cunts.

You can get the measure of the place by reading posts - lots of them. You'll see that many members are quite prickly. Get used to that. They'll respect you for robust verbal combat.

I'd be interested to hear your feedback.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 25, 2014, 05:52:28 PM

I registered.  Must say that I feel a twinge in my conscience for doing so, but I'm interested in learning.  Waiting for the admin to approve me.

Ecurb Noselrub

How long does it take to get approved?  I can't imagine that they are taking Christmas off.  Do they do some sort of thorough background check?  I figured that approval or disapproval would have come pretty quickly.

Siz

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 25, 2014, 07:42:58 PM

How long does it take to get approved?  I can't imagine that they are taking Christmas off.  Do they do some sort of thorough background check?  I figured that approval or disapproval would have come pretty quickly.

It took around two weeks for me but I did get the impression that was more to do with someone just not dealing with a backlog... but who knows...?!

I don't know if they do any kind of active checks. It'll be interesting to see if you slip through. I do know that they automatically block applicants from certain countries. Maybe Tank might have better insight into that kind of thing?? I suspect the delay is mostly about weeding out the genuinely interested from drunken fly-by trolls.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 25, 2014, 08:57:48 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 25, 2014, 07:42:58 PM

It took around two weeks for me but I did get the impression that was more to do with someone just not dealing with a backlog... but who knows...?!

I don't know if they do any kind of active checks. It'll be interesting to see if you slip through. I do know that they automatically block applicants from certain countries. Maybe Tank might have better insight into that kind of thing?? I suspect the delay is mostly about weeding out the genuinely interested from drunken fly-by trolls.
Can't really add anything that you haven't already covered. You might have just picked the time when the person who does the approvals was on holiday.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 25, 2014, 08:57:48 PM
I do know that they automatically block applicants from certain countries. Maybe Tank might have better insight into that kind of thing?? I suspect the delay is mostly about weeding out the genuinely interested from drunken fly-by trolls.

I can see they have people from Texas and other US states, so the country is not the problem.  I feel like I'm applying for a job.  Can I use some people on this forum for references?   ;D

OldGit

Ecurb Noselrub

Well, they let me on.  I posted a few things and am now waiting to be macerated.  If I disappear, assume that I was sacrificed.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Firebird

There's more than one? What, Luxembourg too much for you?

;D
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 27, 2014, 07:05:45 PM
Well, they let me on.  I posted a few things and am now waiting to be macerated.  If I disappear, assume that I was sacrificed.

Are you using the same name?  I may lurk.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Asmodean

Quote from: Firebird on December 29, 2014, 01:16:46 AM
There's more than one? What, Luxembourg too much for you?

;D
There is only one The Asmo and Luxembourg shall fall. Asmos, however, are a specie, created by The Asmo in His image.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Siz

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 27, 2014, 07:05:45 PM

Bravo! I see you've met Sin Jones - a prolific poster there. I notice she tested you straight out of the box. :D