News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Favorite Song, with video

Started by Sandra Craft, December 10, 2011, 11:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truthseeker

Quote from: rickrocks on April 25, 2012, 05:45:48 AM
Are you ready for some Japanese funk?  This is wild. I couldn't keep still.

Zainichi Funk "Scary Bomb"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H14XFS1zVo

Funky indeed.  The Japanese James Brown.
Suffering is the breaking of the shell that encloses one's understanding.  Khalil Gibran

Guardian85

Quote from: rickrocks on April 25, 2012, 05:45:48 AM
Are you ready for some Japanese funk?  This is wild. I couldn't keep still.

Zainichi Funk "Scary Bomb"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H14XFS1zVo

Yeah. That's about an 8.2 on my weird-sh!t-ometer.
Strangely catchy, though.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

rickrocks

a'ight, let me lay another one on you. Ever heard of the Swedish metal band "Meshuggah"? Here's a jumpy little number called, "New Millenium Cyanide Christ"

Just a bunch of blokes on the road, playing air band with their own music

Note the Buffalo Sabres jersey!

Here's a clue: don't listen to all the little notes. Zero in on the repeating big smashing cymbal hits and the snare back beat.

"And now for something completely different"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A_tSyJBsRQ

Amicale

Quote from: rickrocks on April 25, 2012, 07:11:39 PM
a'ight, let me lay another one on you. Ever heard of the Swedish metal band "Meshuggah"? Here's a jumpy little number called, "New Millenium Cyanide Christ"

Here's a clue: don't listen to all the little notes. Zero in on the repeating big smashing cymbal hits and the snare back beat.

Fun. I'm not a HUGE metal fan, but I've been to a concert or two. Saw Meshuggah and Ministry at the Kool Haus in Toronto back in 2007. They were good. Wild crowd, though!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

rickrocks

Quote from: Amicale on April 25, 2012, 08:24:56 PM
Quote from: rickrocks on April 25, 2012, 07:11:39 PM

Saw Meshuggah and Ministry at the Kool Haus in Toronto back in 2007. They were good. Wild crowd, though!

I was there too! I was the tall guy with long greying hair who was so intent on every note Meshuggah played that I would not relinquish my space in the pit. Very disappointed that they only played about a half hour set. And give me a break, Ministry. I mean I know it was your farewell tour, but I play "Roadhouse Blues" at least twice a month! Also saw Blind Guardian there a couple of years back. LOVE Toronto!

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

Stoked to see these guys live in June.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

solidsquid

A little more obscure stuff I dig:

Tattoo Rodeo - Been Your Fool

H.E.A.T. - Livin' On the Run

Loudness - Rock 'n Roll Gypsy

Mercenary Firesoul

Textures Awake

Neverland Drinking Again

Tank

Quote from: solidsquid on May 01, 2016, 06:32:22 PM
A little more obscure stuff I dig:

Tattoo Rodeo - Been Your Fool

H.E.A.T. - Livin' On the Run

Loudness - Rock 'n Roll Gypsy

Mercenary Firesoul

Textures Awake

Neverland Drinking Again

We have a YouTube embed now  :grin:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

No one

Waski_the_Squirrel

I had totally forgotten about this song until I got into the show Deutschland '83 this winter on Amazon. I remember really liking it. The chorus forms the theme of the show in its US incarnation.

Here is the full song in its English incarnation:

And in its original German:

Tank

Deutschland 83 was an excellent series.

Crow

Quote from: Waski_the_Squirrel on May 17, 2016, 04:19:56 AM
And in its original German:

I have always liked Neue Deutsche Welle, prefer the less mainstream stuff like D.A.F. and what it inspired like Joy Division and Cabaret Voltaire, and modern musicians that have been influenced like Soft Moon and Helena Hauff. All the post-punk stuff from that era was pretty good.
Retired member.