News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

USSF

Started by Dave, August 09, 2018, 04:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

United States Space Force or, like the Reagan Star Wars fiasco will it be the United States Space Farce?

Seems the idea is a brainchild of Donald Rumsfeld (so a good pedigree, eh?) bsck in 2000. Today Pence gave it a boost(er).

QuoteWhat's a Space Force, and Can Trump Really Start One?
Satellites make much of modern warfare possible, through GPS systems, wireless communications and sophisticated weather forecasting. This makes satellites tempting military targets. The U.S. Air Force is now responsible for defending American satellites and spacecraft and wants to continue to do so. But President Donald Trump says the perils require a new military branch, which has come to be known as the Space Force; Vice President Mike Pence will provide more details in a speech today. Critics say adding a Space Force would just add bureaucracy and costs. Supporters say a new military branch is needed to prioritize U.S. defenses for the next battlefront.
https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/2018/08/06/what-s-a-space-force-and-can-trump-really-start-one-quicktake#gs.AwZP7uk

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Space_Force

It's only an outline, mind, does that make it any more solid (or valid) than The Wall?

I am begining to wonder when America's neighbour (and trading "partners") will start to build their own walls round the States to contain Trump and his mob.

OT: just dawned on me, has Trump sacked anyone or suffered resignations lately?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tom62

No need to build a wall around the States. It is much cheaper to build a wall around the White House :).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on August 09, 2018, 05:06:21 PM
No need to build a wall around the States. It is much cheaper to build a wall around the White House :).

True, true - 'cept the rednecks with break it down. They are probably so insular they would welcome a wall round all.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tom62 on August 09, 2018, 05:06:21 PM

I'd just like a wall on wheels around Trump -- preferably one with a good sound barrier.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany