News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Pets...what do you have?

Started by Whitney, June 22, 2006, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean Prime

http://www.filelodge.com/files/room27/7 ... %20035.jpg

Mandi, Maverick, and Mist...conspiring, always conspiring. ;)

MikeyV

We have a small sickly tuxedo cat named Jasmine that I rescued when I was stationed in Hawaii about 10 years ago.

We also have a rag doll cat named Sophia that replaced our very big Maine Coon named Sebastian, who passed away about a year and a half ago. I hate my last words to him...he was looking kinda sad, and I said "you gonna survive, buddy?". He was dead when I got home. Kidney stones blocked his bladder and he went septic.

We don't have cats, cats have us.
Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things. One is that God loves
you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the
most awful, dirty thing on the face of the earth and you should save
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "MikeyV"We don't have cats, cats have us.

Ain't it the truth!

Whitney

cute kitty website:

http://kittenwar.com/

You can add pics of your own cats.  Nietzsche is on there (not doing so well since it's a crappy picture) and Corbu should be on there shortly (I thought he was...but guess he wasn't)

edit: typo

Whitney

Ok...well I was bored and wanted to play around with a movie making program I found for free and came up with:

Evil Cat Conspiracy (don't expect much other than stupid semi-humor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXT6fdxfhMo

Tom62

I used to have a cat, called Mickey. He died a couple of years ago of old age (20 something). My wife and I would like to have another cat, but since we now have a weekend relationship with me living in Germany and she in Portugal; this isn't really the right time.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Big Mac

HOly shit, 20 something?! I didn't know cats lived that long. My Brother-in-law has a cat that;s pushing 14 but I think he'll outlive us. He's all crypt-keeper looking but that little bugger survives EVERYTHING.

He broke out once of the house (we still don't know how to this day) and survived 2 days on his own in one of the coldest days in South Texas (the Christmas where it snowed actually like 18 inches)
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Court

Quote from: "Big Mac"HOly shit, 20 something?! I didn't know cats lived that long. My Brother-in-law has a cat that;s pushing 14 but I think he'll outlive us. He's all crypt-keeper looking but that little bugger survives EVERYTHING.

He broke out once of the house (we still don't know how to this day) and survived 2 days on his own in one of the coldest days in South Texas (the Christmas where it snowed actually like 18 inches)

We have a 20-something-year old cat. He's also 20 pounds. I'm honestly surprised he's alive. I'm astounded that he can move, as well. :D I'll see if I can find a picture...
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

silviakjell

Pets... i like snakes and cats. but i have neither. my mom is afraid of snakes and slightly allergic to cats. so instead, in america, we have two very large fish tanks full of fish (and some mini shirmp, food for the ropefish), and a pond in our backyard filled with goldfish, frogs, and turtles. we used to have baby chicks, but they all died, of various reasons. we also had wild rabbits, but i don't know what's happening to them after i left for china.
I might be wrong, but Im pretty sure Im right.

Asmodean Prime

I am about to go out in just about one hour to pick up 2 rabbits for our connor, who is 4 years old, and who you can see a picture of in my gallery.  He will be 5 on August 12, and the rabbits are for his birthday.

Whitney

Quote from: "silviakjell"Pets... i like snakes and cats. but i have neither. my mom is afraid of snakes and slightly allergic to cats.

We just bought a ball python yesterday...I'm afraid of snakes too (kinda weird since we have 3 now).  But it's really calm. Depending on how afraid your mom is of snakes, you may be able to take her to a pet store (when you get home) and show her how friendly that species is.  Worth a try, I guess.

Too bad that she's allergic to cats.  Just make a pouty face and tell her that if she really loves you she'd just take medicine every day so you can have a cat :evil: Ok, so I'm kidding about the guilt trip.  I had a babysitter growing up who was allergic to cats, she would start looking kinda puffy after watching us for the night and that was after we moved the cats into a room and vacuumed the whole house.  

You could get a ferret...they are kinda like cats.

Anyway, I'd like to have a pond with turtles in it eventually...ponds are so pretty.  But we won't have a house till at least next year.  How do you keep the frogs in the pond?

Whitney

Quote from: "onlyme"I am about to go out in just about one hour to pick up 2 rabbits for our connor, who is 4 years old, and who you can see a picture of in my gallery.  He will be 5 on August 12, and the rabbits are for his birthday.

Fun.  I've heard that it is possible to house train rabbits like a cat.  Actually, here is a link someone gave me back when I was thinking of getting a rabbit http://www.rabbit.org/behavior/  Then we decided the cats would probably want to eat the rabbit, so I haven't gotten one.

Asmodean Prime

Hey, great link, laetus.  Thanks!

Court

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Anyway, I'd like to have a pond with turtles in it eventually...ponds are so pretty.  But we won't have a house till at least next year.  How do you keep the frogs in the pond?

I don't know. But we have a frog living in our pool (I thought the chlorine would convince him to move on, but he hasn't yet) at the moment.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

silviakjell

Well my mom... she basically thinks snakes are -ew! slimy! why would someone ever want a snake as a pet! too expensive! where would you get the rats to feed it! eww, rats! get a snake when you have your own house! eww!- yeah.

I think my 2 year old baby brother would probably strangle the cat, if we ever got one.

as for the frogs, they stay in the pond themselves. i guess they like it there. did you know that frogs eat rice?
There was always this one turtle who would crawl out (a difficult feat for a turtle because there is a sort of rock rim surrounding our pond) and end up somewhere near the fence. We'd constantly put it back for a while until it finally learned that it just could not get past the fence.
I might be wrong, but Im pretty sure Im right.