News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The Political Compass: Where Do You Fall On It?

Started by Reginus, September 19, 2010, 02:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginus

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

The political compass is an alternative to the traditional left to right political scale in that it differentiates between economic and social issues.  If you take the test and post your results, I'll add your name to the HAF chart.  I'm just curious to see what the political views of people on this forum are.

"The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

humblesmurph

wow.  I figured I'd end up almost exactly in the middle. Not so much. -3.25,-5.69.  I'm a left leaning libertarian type I guess.

Whitney

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67

PoopShoot

I just found this posted on /b/.  Anyone wanna fess up?
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Will

I get the feeling this isn't necessarily the best way of discovering one's political beliefs. Not only that, but labeling one's self tends to make one follow the expectations of being labeled as such. Just try to be fair, informed, and good. However that manifests is what you are.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

The Magic Pudding

I have a chart I did before, not the numbers, it looks like.
-7.8 -5.2

So what about a Kalashnikov for the leftiest and a nice pair of black steel cap boots for the rightiest?

Sophus

Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97

QuoteI just found this posted on /b/. Anyone wanna fess up?

What is "/b/"? I see that, um ... 'term' (?), used a lot.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

pinkocommie

Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

SSY

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

There are some serious hippies on here.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Tank

Not really worth doing this for me as I pick and mix so many things and regularly change my mind based on how things change. But I would probably wander about the bottom left quadrant.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

tymygy

I didn't find this graph very accurate.

Some of the option I didn't agree or disagree, I was in the middle.

but heres my results.

Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

Asmodean

In my country, I am considered to be far-right

On that graph, I'm bottom-slightly-left.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

humblesmurph

Quote from: "SSY"Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

There are some serious hippies on here.

Haha.  I actually thought the test was rigged.  I don't even see how an atheist could get the score you got SSY.  I know some straight up Christian Right Wing US republicans that would likely end up in the green quadrant...or close to it.

edit: I took it again entering all the answers I think that a Right Wing US Christian would, and I ended up almost exactly in the middle.  I'm no goddamn hippie.  I know because my hippie friends tell me so all the time.  The test is garbage imo.  There isn't even a "no opinion" option for the questions.

joeactor

Obvious test is obvious.

Too many easily answered questions, IMHO.

Here's my anti-Joe take on it (I answered all questions opposite, and "Strongly Agree" or "Strongly Disagree")

Economic Left/Right: 8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.79

... My Evil Twin is somewhere between Thatcher and Hitler.

Me?

I'm not me today ;-)

TheWilliam

test was kind of silly, but fun for a quiet sunday.

Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.92