News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Christian Nonduality

Started by Me_Be, March 16, 2024, 10:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me_Be

Quote from: zorkan on April 18, 2024, 02:02:52 PMYeah, scrap the religion section and religion with it.
Religion means living in fear for the rest of your life.
Philosophy is dead (Stephen Hawking).
Everything it has ever presented has been proved false.

Scrapping the story that humanity has assumed it, itself has written, is likened or compared to a dream, and nothing ever happened in a dream.

So Who or What is this 'you' without the attachment to story?
Scrapping you're story, is the end of Authorship, the end of belief in Authorship. The end of 'you' and 'me' the end of every-one who believes in Authorship.

Reality has no Author, no Copyright. . except in this conception, the greatest story; no one ever wrote, or heard, or told.

Reality is unwritten; that which is eternal and unreality, or illusion, is that which is temporary.
Note that illusion does exist, but it is unreal in the sense that it's not eternal.

Corinthians 4:18. New International Version.

18 ''So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.''

Compared with...

''Those who are seers of the truth have concluded that of the non-existent [the visible material body] there is no endurance and of the eternal [the invisible spirit soul] there is no change. This they have concluded by studying the nature of both. '' ~ Bhagavad Gita
''It's no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk''

"she was completely whole
and yet never fully complete"
― Maquita Donyel Irvin

zorkan

From Buddhism, a godless religion:
The material world only exists because of consciousness.

"Once in Hawaii I was taken to see a Buddhist temple. In the temple a man said, "I am going to tell you something that you will never forget." And then he said, "To every man is given the key to the gates of heaven. The same key opens the gates of hell."
― Richard P. Feynman, The Meaning of It All: Thoughts of a Citizen-Scientist.

https://newhumanist.org.uk/articles/4021/the-dark-side-of-buddhism

"I remember one student who was having problems memorising material for tests. Distraught, she went to the monks who explained to her that she was having such trouble now because, in a past life, she was a murderous dictator who burned books, and so now, in this life, she is doomed to forever be learning challenged."

The dark side of us all is that we are just a collection of assembled waves and particles.
(Being miserable keeps me happy}.

From far, from eve and morning
     And yon twelve-winded sky,
The stuff of life to knit me
     Blew hither: here am I.

A E Housman, poet.