News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

A (Very) Short History of Christmas

Started by Chritmasnalia, December 29, 2015, 02:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chritmasnalia

Keeping Saturn in Saturnalia

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgaWLy0YzKw

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, Chritmasnalia

I hope that you didn't join this site just to post a link to a very brief video on the history of Christmas. You must have some other interests--maybe you play a musical instrument? Have you read any interesting books lately? Do you share your life with any non-human companions?

I'll tell you a little about myself. The house where I'm living right now has a small long-haired female tortoise shell cat. She's very friendly, but can be peevish. She loves to bring gifts in, sometimes live. She's pretty good about telling the human occupants that she's done so, though, which can be a help, as long as somebody hears her. One time she brought in a live juvenile rat that was about 4 times the size of her usual gift. He was rather difficult to capture by hand, but I managed it. We took a longish walk to the other side of the railroad tracks, and he was so happy to get away that he's never been back.

Anyway, I'm glad you decided to join this site. I hope that you enjoy your time reading and posting here.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

To echo Recusant I hope you're not a 'post and run' click merchant.

Assuming you're not.

Welcome aboard!

Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

A second echo; welcome to the forum Chris.....(unless you are a poe or prankster). Sure enough, some of us enjoy historic stuff, so your link was simplistic but seasonal and not that far out in left field. Get back to us soon.