News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Post a screen shot of your Desktop

Started by DeterminedJuliet, February 19, 2012, 07:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

For funsies, post a screenshot of your Desktop (you know, unless you use your credit card number to label one of your files).
Let's see all yer weird backgrounds and programs and whatnot.

I'll go first!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

I have a plain beige background. I'm boring like that.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Harmonie

My monitor is pretty big... It's hard for me to find pictures to use. I finally found a bassoon one to use!

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Siz

My home PC.

...A running joke between my wife and I...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on February 19, 2012, 07:57:34 PM

I figured you'd have a picture of your baby-head trophies.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on February 19, 2012, 09:04:37 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 19, 2012, 07:57:34 PM

I figured you'd have a picture of your baby-head trophies.
No. They're stuck on the wall for all to see.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Thunder Road

You know, having to upload it to another website first is kinda annoying.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." -John Lennon, Strawberry Fields Forever

Freshman Meteorology major at Valparaiso University in Indiana and fan of exclusively classic rock.

The Magic Pudding

I don't like desk top short cuts.
I have three clocks for different time zones but they are only visible when mouse overed.
Transparent windows look crappy, usually.
The window colour should be compatible with the wallpaper.
The wallpaper is a cropped version of a big very high res pic.
I don't allow the new default Windows 7 quick launch behaviour.
Start menu must be kept in order.
Another menu over near the notification area is useful.

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,R:\  A short cut like that will get you an explorer window opening in this case at R:\
I shun the convoluted user folders Windows creates, I'll curtail my curmudgeonliness for now.

Sandra Craft

I'd do this if I had the slightest idea how -- little help?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

statichaos

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 20, 2012, 12:00:26 AM
I'd do this if I had the slightest idea how -- little help?

Press "PrntScrn" if you're on a PC.

Open a handy image program such as Paint or Photoshop.

Press "Ctrl + V"

Voila!

Sandra Craft

I must not be on a PC, I don't have anything that say print screen in any variation.
Sandy

statichaos

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 20, 2012, 12:18:16 AM
I must not be on a PC, I don't have anything that say print screen in any variation.

If you're not on a Mac, then you're on a PC.  Check the upper right hand of your keyboard to start with.

Crow

If you're on a mac its shift+cmd+3 (or shift+cmd+4 if you want to take a screenshot of a selected area) and the image will appear on the desktop.
Retired member.

Sandra Craft

Sandy