Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on January 10, 2019, 01:07:21 PM
Cormorants have a pugnacious nature because they can't fly after fishing. They are unusual in that they have lost the oil that keeps their feathers dry. Thus they have to sit around and let them dry before they can fly.

And presumably exude the oil that keeps their feathers dry that doesn't survive the first dive.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

It was too dark for a proper shutter speed and doubling the ISO to 200 didn't work either.

Sandra Craft

That's magnificent!  I wasn't able to see the moon at all where I am.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on January 21, 2019, 06:19:26 AM

It was too dark for a proper shutter speed and doubling the ISO to 200 didn't work either.

Next time try an ISO 'bracket' of 1,600, 3,200, 6,400. You can always delete what doesn't work.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Tank

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on January 21, 2019, 10:34:38 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on January 21, 2019, 06:19:26 AM

Next time try an ISO 'bracket' of 1,600, 3,200, 6,400. You can always delete what doesn't work.

Also try using a tripod or some other camera support and a longer exposure. Not too long, just a few seconds, to avoid streaking.
― Charles Eames