Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 23, 2019, 05:41:29 AM
Quote from: Tank on January 21, 2019, 10:34:38 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on January 21, 2019, 06:19:26 AM

It was too dark for a proper shutter speed and doubling the ISO to 200 didn't work either.

Next time try an ISO 'bracket' of 1,600, 3,200, 6,400. You can always delete what doesn't work.

Also try using a tripod or some other camera support and a longer exposure. Not too long, just a few seconds, to avoid streaking.

That's a three second exposure, if I remember correctly. For a full moon on a normal night I've found that 1/125 exposures work best for a clear image. That gives an idea of just how dim thr eclipse was once it went red.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

Stick With Bird On It.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on January 28, 2019, 02:42:58 AM

I need a better light. Looking into a cordless spotlight.

I like it as it is. I think it has an expressionistic quality that may reveal your current state of mind very well, if you don't mind me saying so.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

I don't mind at all. I want the sky to maintain jet black but light enough of the branches to show the structure of the tree. A better tree, off to itself as the neighboring limbs presented a challenge, and a full moon might be just the ticket.

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on January 28, 2019, 02:42:58 AM

I need a better light. Looking into a cordless spotlight.
Light can often inform by it's absence. That is a spooky photo because of the lack of light.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Icarus

Keep doing that JJ.  You have some artistic  talent that is uncommon.

Bad Penny II

Tank

jumbojak

Tank

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Bad Penny II

QuotePhotography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

The photo I didn't take again, I saw two today.