News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Why The Misogyny?

Started by Bad Penny II, April 19, 2018, 02:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

As a hetro male I desire females, lots of them but I can't have them and that's frustrating but that's my fault, my shortcoming, I don't blame woman for not desiring me.

I think some males resent females denying them themselves, resent them because they make them desire them with their powers, ahhh I don't know what they think but it's ugly.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Rift Zone

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 19, 2018, 02:19:42 PM
I think some males resent females denying them themselves, resent them because they make them desire them with their powers, ahhh I don't know what they think but it's ugly.
Some circles would call such guys "beta males".   I'm more inclined to think of them as whiny little bitches.   ...and girls don't want to date whiny little bitches.   I mean, seriously, if you don't do it for some chick, it might have something to do with you!   Man-up already, improve your position, or get used to your place; but don't go around doing the modern equivalent of burning witches just cuz she don't want to date little bitches.   Making her "wrong" in any fashion over that is a denial of physical reality, and only serves to keep little bitches in their place.    ...can't say I mind all that much, however; more game for me.  =)
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Bad Penny II

I'll endeavour to
Quote from: Rift Zone on April 19, 2018, 02:54:31 PM...can't say I mind all that much, however; more game for me.  =)

That sounds a bit crass to my ear but thanks for the reply.

It was reported main stream that female medical student/doctors were being preyed upon by the senior Docs.
To get this far they had to be to top 0.25% of the population.
And still they were being preyed upon, it makes me want to break knees.

Be it noted:
I've never broken anyone's knee.
Call me Mr Ineffectual

Dave

I gave always been attracted to women who are practical, a bit independent (not stupidly so though).

Probably why I like my friend Jane, she will have a go at snything she can physically or ssfely attempt - but does not mind asking for help. I have no time at all for women who will never admit they are wrong and seek help from a bloke or play the weak and helpless female - and I have met both. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and really intelligent people admit that.

I'll take a slice of home made cake as "payment" for changing a wheel any day - can't bake Betty Crocker cake mix and get it right!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dave on April 19, 2018, 04:04:46 PM
I gave always been attracted to women who are practical, a bit independent (not stupidly so though).

Probably why I like my friend Jane, she will have a go at snything she can physically or ssfely attempt - but does not mind asking for help. I have no time at all for women who will never admit they are wrong and seek help from a bloke or play the weak and helpless female - and I have met both. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and really intelligent people admit that.

I'll take a slice of home made cake as "payment" for changing a wheel any day - can't bake Betty Crocker cake mix and get it right!

Slices of cake is payment in full but are you aware of any woman dislikers?

Rift Zone

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 19, 2018, 03:46:04 PM
That sounds a bit crass to my ear but thanks for the reply.
yea, it was...    however, I think it fulfilled the intent well enough...   If I don't hit it off with someone I'd like to, it's not because she's a bitch, or I'm a victim of said bitch; it's just the way that goes, and that alone makes me more of a viable partner than others who are less sensible about the dynamics involved.   
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Dave

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 19, 2018, 04:53:51 PM
Quote from: Dave on April 19, 2018, 04:04:46 PM

Slices of cake is payment in full but are you aware of any woman dislikers?

Not sure if "dislikers" is correct, I have met those who have a lack of respect for women but not complete mysogynists I think. Hmm, maybe it is a "gendered perception" thing but I feel that I have met more misandrists - women who are aggressively, verbally at least, anti men - than the other way round. But is that a sort of instilled defensive behaviour?

Trying to separate "casual" male aggression (verbal or phydical), in or out of relationships, from the conscious variety - but it could possibly be a thin line.

Rift Zone

dislikers?

Dislikers?   is that what you were getting at in the OP?    I got more "entitlement" out of it.   

Dave

Quote from: Rift Zone on April 19, 2018, 07:21:55 PM
dislikers?

Dislikers?   is that what you were getting at in the OP?    I got more "entitlement" out of it.

Thanjs, RF, feeling "entitled" is a better eord than ghe concrpt of "cadual" I was trying to get my head round. But is the "entitled" bloke really a mydogynist? The term seems to include a certain conscious dislike, as Bad Penny suggests. "Entitlrment" in this context seems more inclined towards psychpathic behaviour, aggression accepted as being just a part of "the way things are."

Rift Zone

Quote from: Dave on April 19, 2018, 07:42:57 PM
Quote from: Rift Zone on April 19, 2018, 07:21:55 PM
dislikers?

Thanjs, RF, feeling "entitled" is a better eord than ghe concrpt of "cadual" I was trying to get my head round. But is the "entitled" bloke really a mydogynist? The term seems to include a certain conscious dislike, as Bad Penny suggests. "Entitlrment" in this context seems more inclined towards psychpathic behaviour, aggression accepted as being just a part of "the way things are."
It seems that was deliberately challenging.  Well worth it, though: I love the way "mydogynist" came out!   :lol:   

Is the entitled bloke really a misogynist?   I would say not necessarily, no...   However, I do see parallels in the respective psychologies; and there is certainly a lot of room for both interacting, feeding off the other. 

Dave

Note to seof: DO remember yo edot typis twixe

Rift Zone

Quote from: Dave on April 19, 2018, 08:05:20 PM
lol  right.      I may not have much formal training in the area, but I do understand a bit about human psychology.   Somehow, I'm not quite convinced typos are a primary concern of yours.   

Dave

Quote from: Rift Zone on April 19, 2018, 08:20:02 PM
Quote from: Dave on April 19, 2018, 08:05:20 PM
lol  right.      I may not have much formal training in the area, but I do understand a bit about human psychology.   Somehow, I'm not quite convinced typos are a primary concern of yours.

Even mispelt text retains its meaning. A certain physical inflexibility, couch slouch posture and feeling of a need for speed often means getting only near hits on the onscreen keyboard. On a normal keyboard I do better. I have a Bluetooth job for serious tabletting.

Wish I could find a spell checker that works with every Android app, like the one on my Windows laptop does!

Get some fun results at times though! :)

Asmodean

This here thread. Is it Asmo-bait in its purest form? I mean, HOW can He resist going on a tirade about loathsomeness of the SJWs now?! Hm?! How, I aks?

I suppose the reasons for actual misogyny are about the same as for any other prejudice. Tribal mentality, identifying with particular groups and against others... That sort of stuff.

Of course, these days, there are those who will very loudly and in a most grating voice denounce you as misogynist for merely disagreeing with a woman, especially if the disagreement is not done in the most chivalrous way possible.

I think I'll leave the tirade to my transcriber... When I've found one I like, that is.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Asmodean on April 20, 2018, 07:16:35 AM
This here thread. Is it Asmo-bait in its purest form? I mean, HOW can He resist going on a tirade about loathsomeness of the SJWs now?! Hm?! How, I aks?

I suppose the reasons for actual misogyny are about the same as for any other prejudice. Tribal mentality, identifying with particular groups and against others... That sort of stuff.

I think there might be another layer to it.

QuoteDriven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.'

But we can't went away, leave it at that.
Fucking Darwin keeps bringing us back.
Most us make an accommodation
Others sour, rankle, seethe, fester...

And then there's the church stuff,
the sin of wanting/blaming the wanted

Why is slut a derogatory term?