News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Random Internet Question

Started by Sophus, July 09, 2009, 05:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophus

I'm working on a website and I know websites have hit counting features, but is there any way to tell if/when/how many times a file or image has been downloaded from your website?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

JillSwift

The server logs have that sort of information. Most hosting services let you at the logs for your server.
Alternatively, you can have a "through" page. It's just a simple page that automatically starts the download of the file in question, but it can also have a counter on it.
[size=50]Teleology]

Sophus

Thanks Jill!  :hail:

I found the file statistics for the day. But I'm guessing those are everything the browser downloads to the Temporary Folder. I don't suppose there's a way to determine if any have been permanently/intentionally downloaded to a machine, would there?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

JillSwift

Quote from: "Sophus"Thanks Jill!  :hail:

I found the file statistics for the day. But I'm guessing those are everything the browser downloads to the Temporary Folder. I don't suppose there's a way to determine if any have been permanently/intentionally downloaded to a machine, would there?
Not really. Just what was requested by the browser - in fact, if a file download is canceled there's no way to know, either.

Web stats always have some squishy guesswork in 'em.
[size=50]Teleology]