News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Bluenose

Quote from: Sandra Craft on May 28, 2019, 08:38:14 PM
^^^  :snicker: :rofl: :clapping:

Yes, very funny.  Nevertheless I am one of the apparently few who really enjoyed the last season and was quite satisfied with the way it all turned out.  I had been thinking Daeny was not all happiness and light for quite some time, seems I was right.  I get what those saying the series was too short are on about but in the end making it longer would simply have been inserting more padding rather than real content.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

[Ned Stark voice] That's rubbish.[/Ned Stark voice]

The screen writers are copping heaps, they'd been doing so well.
They are GREAT screen writers.
George is a GREAT author, did he share his synopsis for the ending?
Expecting the GREAT screenwriters to finalize it when the GREAT author has been stuck for a decade, hmm.

I didn't mind the conclusion, Daenerys was likeable, freer of slaves no less.
Her feeling of entitlement to the throne of swords though, my ancestor killed all who opposed to make it so it should be mine.  I've assembled a mighty array of killers, let's sail.  What of the small folk?  I think Ned gave a fuck for the small folk.
The seven kingdoms didn't need Daenerys, well it wouldn'd have if it didn't have a zombie problem, did they help with that? 
Ye she saved John's bacon
But she donated a dragon.

So anyway I'd of liked another twenty episodes to finish it of properly.

Ah fuck it, Ned should of just stayed in Winterfell.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Sandra Craft

I just can't stop watching it, and I laugh just as hard every time.

I will say one thing for a season that disappointed me, it does give me the fun of re-doing it on my own, which arguably I enjoy more than a good season.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany