News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Started by fundie, August 19, 2006, 05:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iplaw

You remind me of another big shot who used to run these halls.  His name was Chris.  He's now gone because he was just "too smart" and had "been around the block" enough not to engage in conversation with people.  I smell the same stench on you.

QuoteThe fact that religion is still around after so long proves it must be true?
As you persist in intentionally misinterpreting me to make your point.

I am preparing a full response to the assertion that I have nothing to back up my belief in a transcendent moral ethic.  You have the right to ignore the post or respond, it's your choice, but if you chose to ignore it based upon your aforementioned logic that you've spent too much wasted time talking about things like this....well...it will be just another example of intellectual suicide on your part.

Fist before I answer your post I need to know what your view of the origin of ethics is before I take my time to prepare a response.  Do you belive in objectivism, or total relativism?  I don't want to waste both of our time making arguments against one or the other when points may be ceded based upon agreement.

iplaw

Fourth Iteration:

Yes.  You basically said the same thing Chris...I mean...Woody said.  The thing that I appreciated about your response was the lack of the added comments like:

geez, don't you see you just believe in faries;
"free of all that religious garbage";
"I am interested in pursuing the arguments which might be put forth supporting the existence of fairies"

I feel like there was a mutual respect for each others positions which is lacking in his responses.  Some would call comments like those arrogant, but according to him he's as humble as the day is long.