News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Update on God

Started by Michael1, September 05, 2018, 02:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael1

Firstly, looking back at that failed "soul twins" adventure... You gotta be God to end up in this situation  ::).

Anyways, I decided to let it go and move on. On to tinder that is. Of course because I'm God nobody is good enough for me, so after endless swiping tinder gave up on me, omg right?

I'm also active on 7cups, trying to help myself. And I've got tutors IRL to help me, but since I'm God I get stuck at telling others how it is :/.

Being God this is a tough world to live in.

I guess I could ask Jesus what he would do (seriously, wwjd?  :D). But yeah... Any advice from you guys?
I liked the earth before it was cool.

Asmodean

Take it from the God of Ratties, Spite and Misery (among other things); give up before it's too late!

:P

Seriously, though, is it relationship tips you're after? Because the best I can give is kind of a downer; if you can't live with it - run. Don't expect to be able to change something you don't like about your counterpart.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

I'd give you relationship advice but you'd be assured of failure if you listened.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bluenose

I've got some excellent advice, but seeing as you're omniscient, you can just read it straight from my mind.  OK?
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Michael1

:D

Well ok, I gotta get better pictures of myself. Apparently one has to sell nowadays to lure a woman.

Dave

Quote from: God on September 06, 2018, 09:56:57 PM
:D

Well ok, I gotta get better pictures of myself. Apparently one has to sell nowadays to lure a woman.

One has always had to "sell", or at least advertise successfully, to attract a partner. Goes back to whocoukd swing the biggest nammoth bone club.

First you have to establish your "internal" market, decide on what is important, not just physically attractive, in a partner.  Bring a sci-fi-technology-DIY nerd I found this difficult, but it would have been false and stupid to try to steer my personality too far from its natural track. That way lies insecurity, anger and drepression in relationships based on dodgy foundations. It may be your real ideal partner has black curly teeth and walks with a slight gallop - but is perfect in every other way!

Be true to yourself and others, no pretensions you stand no chance of maintaining.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Hello God, welcome back!

I said it in the 'Twin Flames' thread, I'll say it here again: it seems to me like you're idealising women to the point where they're too perfect to exist. Then reality hits and you feel cheated in some way. Much like a theist who realises that the concept of god they were in love with is just all wrong. ;)

That's the impression I get from your past posts. You don't need to put anyone on a pedestal and worship the "image" of your love interest. Besides not being fair to her, I can't see how that will lead to a fulfilling relationship.

Also, love at first sight is overrated. You fall in love with someone who you don't actually know -- you will get to know their qualities, quirks, and even annoying defects. Then you compare the person you've come to know with the "image" you had previously...which can lead to disappointment.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

^ A most intelligent and wisely philosophic post xSP.

Michael1

Yes, thank you :), Spot on silver. Sometimes it feels like I wouldn't settle for anything less than my ideal. I guess an ideal partner one has to be lucky. At my age (36) I'm getting less focused on it. But in my behavior I still spot I'm trying too hard. Definitely.

Asmodean

One has to ask, if "no one" is good enough, why not give up pursuing permanence in relationships and go for casual sex in stead? It may prove far more satisfying, unless of course one of your goals is like... Family, kids and all that.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Michael1

Quote from: Asmodean on September 10, 2018, 01:27:28 PM
One has to ask, if "no one" is good enough, why not give up pursuing permanence in relationships and go for casual sex in stead? It may prove far more satisfying, unless of course one of your goals is like... Family, kids and all that.

I believe it's good that I always strived for a healthy relationship and still do. Though society tells me different. I enjoy the sex in a relationship but it's different when aiming for kids. I still am learning there.