News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

The Dark Knight

Started by susangail, July 18, 2008, 11:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosityandthecat

Watch out below... here, there be spoilers! Kind of. Well, not plot spoilers or anything. Just the infamous Pencil Trick!  :devil:
[spoiler:2k3itzzl]The Pencil Trick!
[/spoiler:2k3itzzl]
-Curio

joeactor

Quote from: "McQ"I'll be in the minority of people who say, "It's pretty good."

I think it felt every bit of 2.5 hours, the last twenty minutes of which I just wanted it to end already! Yes, Heath Ledger did a spectacular job portraying his unique Joker. At least his last role wasn't a forgettable piece of junk. He went out leaving an indelible mark. I liked the previous Batman film better, and think that Ironman was a way better movie.

My wife and I will join you in the minority.

Meh.  It was ok.  Not great.

Felt long, unbalanced, and over-complicated.

The acting was very good.  I think it's mostyl the script and directing that are an issue.

Also liked Ironman better,
JoeActor

p.s. I had the same reaction to "Forest Gump" - everyone jumping on the "gotta see it, best movie ever" bandwagon... meh.

shedaytrips

My hubby and I saw it last night. We both loved it. Heath was spot on. Can't wait to watch it again on Bluray.

rlrose328

While the kid is at camp this coming week (YIPPEEEEE!!!)... ahem... the hubby will see Dark Knight.  Me, I can't do it.  I adored Heath Ledger and I prefer to remember him for other roles.  I may see it in a few years, but I just can't see him in that role right now.  I can imagine he did a phenomenal job and that makes me happy.

Me, I'll see Momma Mia.   :D   :pop:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Chimera

I saw it last night. Wow. That was a great movie. The Joker is so twisted!
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

McQ

Quote from: "rlrose328"Me, I'll see Momma Mia.   :D   :pop:

That one is on my list to see. My wife wants to see it anyway, and since neither one of us thought much about the Dark Knight, we owe ourselves something light and fun.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Asmodean

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "rlrose328"Me, I'll see Momma Mia.   :D   :|

:banna:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

rlrose328

Quote from: "Asmodean"Asmodean, he avoids this movie. He can't stand Abba.  :banna:

But it's so FUN!   :pop:   :pop:

I guess the hubby is going to see Dark Knight tomorrow morning.  More power to him.  :lol:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Dickson

Okay, I'm about to dork it out here, so my apologies abound.

The movie was amazing: the characters were the most true-to-the-comic portrayals I've ever seen.
"If there is a God,
I know he likes to rock"
--Billy Corgan

Deicideisfunny

Looking forward to seeing it, the Joker look seems darker in this one.
Yet Jack Nicholson's Joker was pretty dark too, it seems 50/50ish.
Why doesn't Jesus feed the children?

ALL HAIL TEH JEEBUS :hail:

Dickson

This Joker goes beyond dark--he's a personification of pure, illogical evil.  With Nicholson (who was damn good, mind you) there was usually a point to the chaos.  Ledger's is evil just for the sake of hurting people and that keeps him closer to the comic Joker than Nicholson's.  

Also, the portrayal of Two-Face was vastly superior to Tommy Lee Jones' piece of shit (I blame bad directing on that one, though).  You were able to taste the angst in this one.
"If there is a God,
I know he likes to rock"
--Billy Corgan

curiosityandthecat

Ledger's joker wasn't as dark as they had originally planned on the character being...

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/08/07/the-dark-knight-early-joker-concept-art/

-Curio