News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

The Dark Knight

Started by susangail, July 18, 2008, 11:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susangail

It is SO good!! We went to the midnight premiere (of course). I waited 7 hours, and every minute was worth it. It had some cheesy lines, but they worked. Heath Ledger is absolutely amazing as the Joker. He's my hero (both Ledger and the Joker  ;) )

Go see it if you haven't already.

P.S. I'm soooo not sleeping tonight (it's about 3:30ish AM.......)
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

curiosityandthecat

We're going to see the matinee on Saturday. Christian Bale is one of my favs and I really can't wait to see Ledger as the Joker. I mean, just look at this!

-Curio

afreethinker30

I so need to see it.Christian Bale is awesome,such a shame about Heath Ledger I think he would have done some great things.The children's museum has a replica of the batmoblie that was used in The Dark Knight ,you couldn't touch it but it was really neat to see.They had a Naboo Starfighter a couple of years ago but you couldn't touch it either  :(

Will

It was sublime. Absolutely sublime. I went to the 12:05 showing last night to a packed theater. I don't want to give anything away, but Chris Nolan somehow got even better since Batman Begins.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Loffler

Quote from: "susangail"Heath Ledger is absolutely amazing as the Joker. He's my hero.

When I grow up, I want to be just like him!

susangail

Quote from: "Willravel"It was sublime. Absolutely sublime. I went to the 12:05 showing last night to a packed theater. I don't want to give anything away, but Chris Nolan somehow got even better since Batman Begins.
I second this. Chris Nolan is amazing.

Quote from: "Loffler"
Quote from: "susangail"Heath Ledger is absolutely amazing as the Joker. He's my hero.

When I grow up, I want to be just like him!
*evil Joker laugh*
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

susangail

I forgot to mention:

We made shirts that had this on the front (hand painted):

and "Why so serious" painted on the back. There were so many people dressed as the Joker. It was amazing.

afreethinker30

Went Friday night to the drive-in to see it.Yes there are still drive-ins  :D  .Watched The Dark Knight and Journey to the Center of the Earth.Dark Knight was amazing..Ledger was crazed,frightening and the best damned Joker ever!Want to know how I got this scar??? Journey was alittle *yawn* but there were a few funny parts.I was hoping for all the glory of the past ones.And more dinosaurs but oh well.Dark Knight totally made up for it.

curiosityandthecat

Saw it. Seeing it again. Can't wait to own it. Wowza.

"Mr. Ledger, I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine."

Figured this was fitting... anyone see this back when he died?

-Curio

Whitney

I just got back from seeing it.  Great movie, but I made the mistake of getting a large coke forgetting that it is also a longer movie.

Someone brought their 5 year old to the theater, I guess it (not surprisingly) scared him because he started throwing a small fit about half way through and they had to walk out.

Smallville

Best movie of the Summer / YEAR.
My 21 year old daughter and I went (she actually sat through the whole picture without once going to the restroom!) Saturday and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Don't want to discuss it much now (don't want to give away any spoilers to those who haven't seen it yet) but I plan to hit another matinée after work today.
Two wrongs don't make a right but three left turns will.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." â€" Nietzsche
"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." - Clarence Darrow

LSchune

There are no words to describe how FREAKING AMAZING this movie is.

But I must say - I will never look at a pencil in a magic trick the same way.  EVER AGAIN  :crazy:
Steve, I am going to fucking kick your ass when I can find it.

"I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute."
Rebecca West

"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Wh

Dickson

I haven't seen it--going to an afternoon show tomorrow.  CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!!  I'm a HUGE Batman fan and am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad the movie franchise has gotten its feet under itself again.  I've never been angrier at Tommy Lee Jones for doing such a shitty job with my favorite bad guy.
"If there is a God,
I know he likes to rock"
--Billy Corgan

freeatlast

I'm headed to Dallas on biz next week so I'm going to watch it in 70 freaking foot IMAX.
Suck it bitches ! ! ! !
Dammit.
A man said to the universe: "Sir I exist!" "However," replied the universe,"The fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."
-Stephen Crane

McQ

I'll be in the minority of people who say, "It's pretty good."

I think it felt every bit of 2.5 hours, the last twenty minutes of which I just wanted it to end already! Yes, Heath Ledger did a spectacular job portraying his unique Joker. At least his last role wasn't a forgettable piece of junk. He went out leaving an indelible mark. I liked the previous Batman film better, and think that Ironman was a way better movie.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette