News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on January 31, 2018, 07:30:20 PM
Blood blisters. I have two of them right between my thumb and index finger on my right hand. You try to be careful with a hammer but that tiny little bit of skin finds its way in.

*shudder*

Is there a Murphy's Law of sorts for this kind of situation? Something like: 'the odds of you hammering yourself are proportional to the care you take while hammering', meaning the more careful you are, the more likely you are to hit yourself? 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I don't know but I'll have to ask my brother. He once nailed his thumb to a floor joist. Being able to drive a nail in one swing has its disadvantages.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

No one

I still don't have a never ending lobster tank!

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Harmonie

My skin is dry and cracking.

It's not like it's actually been cold outside to cause this or anything. I'm just sitting here getting the negative part of winter while not really having winter.  :twitch:

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Davin

So I did a youtube stream last night for initial planning of game I'm thinking of developing. It got two whole views. I played music that I made myself.

On to the grumpy part: I got a copyright claim against it. I searched for the song from the claim and it didn't sound anything like any of my music. So that makes me a bit grumpy. I countered it, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place, those copyright claims are getting ridiculous if they are causing trouble for a smaller than small time content creator like me.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Essie Mae

Oh fuckety fuckety fuck fuck. There I was on a health walk on Monday when my knee seized up and was the size of a football by the time I arrived home. Had 650 ml of blood drawn from it at A&E (ER) and an appt for osteo consultant tomorrow. It had filled up again by this evening, so back to A&E but they said as there is no sign of infection, let the bone man see it as it is tomorrow. I can't even bend it, let alone walk any distance on it. Just so hoping this isn't going to be a long term thing.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Icarus

Damn it all Essie. That you are having an episode of that sort is a serious bummer. How much blood can you afford to lose?  I/we have our fingers crossed on your behalf. Please keep us posted.

Dave

Everso ouch for you, Essie! Never had that bad a swelling but have had a foot that I could not get a shoe on, that was bad enough.

Was that pure blood or bloody water I wonder - a serious oedema? Whatever, let's hope Bones csn fix it for you! I predict that rest and elevation (and possibly a large bag of frozen peas) is going to figure highly in your life for a while,
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on February 07, 2018, 11:55:51 PM
Oh fuckety fuckety fuck fuck. There I was on a health walk on Monday when my knee seized up and was the size of a football by the time I arrived home. Had 650 ml of blood drawn from it at A&E (ER) and an appt for osteo consultant tomorrow. It had filled up again by this evening, so back to A&E but they said as there is no sign of infection, let the bone man see it as it is tomorrow. I can't even bend it, let alone walk any distance on it. Just so hoping this isn't going to be a long term thing.

That's not good. I'll pray for you! Wait.. what?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Essie Mae

Thank y'all for your kind expressions. So the X-ray today showed that I have virtually no cartilage left in my knee and probably a blood vessel got rubbed by the bone. The end result will be a replacement knee but they may try further draining in three weeks' time and give me a steroid jab. However, as this would be of benefit for a limited amount of time, i'm minded to go straight for the replacement knee for which there is an 18-week wait.  The surgeons won't touch the knee for six months after a steroid jab so it would just delay things and I'm already going stir-crazy. You're right about the raised left and ice packs; I just hope they allow me to walk a little way, even with a stick. My husband's 29-year-old second cousin has terminal cancer so I am keeping this all in perspective.

Dave

Quote from: Essie Mae on February 08, 2018, 10:01:03 PM
Thank y'all for your kind expressions. So the X-ray today showed that I have virtually no cartilage left in my knee and probably a blood vessel got rubbed by the bone. The end result will be a replacement knee but they may try further draining in three weeks' time and give me a steroid jab. However, as this would be of benefit for a limited amount of time, i'm minded to go straight for the replacement knee for which there is an 18-week wait.  The surgeons won't touch the knee for six months after a steroid jab so it would just delay things and I'm already going stir-crazy. You're right about the raised left and ice packs; I just hope they allow me to walk a little way, even with a stick. My husband's 29-year-old second cousin has terminal cancer so I am keeping this all in perspective.

Ouch, agsin, Essie. Oedema would have been simple by comparison, even if a real pain.

As you say, this is bad enough but not in comparison to your your husband's counsin's fate.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Get the replacement done ASAP. IMHO.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Tank on February 09, 2018, 07:30:19 AM
Get the replacement done ASAP. IMHO.

Than you Tank, that's the way I'm thinking.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Dave on February 09, 2018, 06:31:50 AM

Ouch, agsin, Essie. Oedema would have been simple by comparison, even if a real pain.

As you say, this is bad enough but not in comparison to your your husband's counsin's fate.

Indeed. Will try not to moan as much in future.