News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 25, 2019, 02:37:25 AM
Finding the problem and taking action, then getting "in trouble" for it is a "shoot the messenger" kind of mentality on the part of that other person. I hope your manager is a decent human being, and gets that. Is it possible that the person reaming you may have been complicit?

The Florida boss may have been seen to be doing something, even if what they were doing was wrong.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Essie Mae

On tenterhooks; what happened?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Bad Penny II

Surely banks have procedures, if they've been followed no probs.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 25, 2019, 12:34:49 PM

One would hope so although my understanding of American employment law is that you can sack anybody at any time?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Daughter 1 returned home some months ago with her Maltese Polly aka Fluffy/Barker/Bighter of Postmen/Shorn.
She's looking at buying a unit/flat/condo and as Polly is a barker a companion is the obvious answer.
Hence this podgy character has joined the family.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on January 25, 2019, 12:50:20 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 25, 2019, 12:34:49 PM

One would hope so although my understanding of American employment law is that you can sack anybody at any time?

Ye, well

QuoteWhen the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run,
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun;
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one,
But the union makes us strong.
Solidarity forever,
Solidarity forever,
Solidarity forever,
For the union makes us strong.
Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?
For the union makes us strong.
It is we who plowed the prairies; built the cities where they trade;
Dug the mines and built the workshops, endless miles of railroad laid;
Now we stand outcast and starving midst the wonders we have made;
But the union makes us strong.
All...

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 25, 2019, 12:53:32 PM
Daughter 1 returned home some months ago with her Maltese Polly aka Fluffy/Barker/Bighter of Postmen/Shorn.
She's looking at buying a unit/flat/condo and as Polly is a barker a companion is the obvious answer.

Too cute!!!

Icarus

Got a new prescription for glasses, pretty much the same as the previous one.  The ones I am using are five years old and have begun to deteriorate the UV coating so that here are spots that cannot be removed.  That causes eye distress.

I took the new Prescription to Wal Mart optical which had one of the more reasonable prices.  Two hundred thirty seven dollars US.  OK I paid the tab. Two days later I discovered that my insurance carrier, Humana, would pay the first $200 but not at Wal Mart.  They would pay the first $200 at numerous other easily accesible Optical firms that had similar prices.  Bottom line: I shit in my own mess kit by surmising that Wal Mart would provide me with the best price and service.  Live and learn. 

God dammit I am not tired of living but I am tired of learning lessons of that sort.   :headbang:

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on January 26, 2019, 04:42:48 AM
Got a new prescription for glasses, pretty much the same as the previous one.  The ones I am using are five years old and have begun to deteriorate the UV coating so that here are spots that cannot be removed.  That causes eye distress.

I took the new Prescription to Wal Mart optical which had one of the more reasonable prices.  Two hundred thirty seven dollars US.  OK I paid the tab. Two days later I discovered that my insurance carrier, Humana, would pay the first $200 but not at Wal Mart.  They would pay the first $200 at numerous other easily accesible Optical firms that had similar prices.  Bottom line: I shit in my own mess kit by surmising that Wal Mart would provide me with the best price and service.  Live and learn. 

God dammit I am not tired of living but I am tired of learning lessons of that sort.   :headbang:

Life can have such trivial irritations at time.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 25, 2019, 12:53:32 PM

Aaawww!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

I bet that little guy bounces all over the place! They are so fun as puppies.

Tom62

One of our Main Coonies died this morning. I had to put her to sleep, because she was bleeding internally (with no hope for recovery) :'(.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

No one

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on January 27, 2019, 03:38:44 PM
One of our Main Coonies died this morning. I had to put her to sleep, because she was bleeding internally (with no hope for recovery) :'(.

:'( horrible thing to have to do  :'(

jumbojak

That's rough Tom. I'm sorry to hear that.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz