News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Punishing puns! and spoonerisms and malapropisms etc.

Started by Tank, December 19, 2015, 11:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: No one on September 29, 2018, 10:48:12 PM
I just listened to Justin Bieber, now I have hearing aids.

Why didn't you just pull one of your Uggs over your head?  :P

Bluenose

I caught this really bad case of the flu in Madrid.

Whilst sniffling and coughing and rolling around in the hotel bed, I realised I needed medical attention, so I called the concierge to get help.

"Oh, so you're sick!" came the reply. "Not a problem. we'll send our very own hotel doctor up to your room right away!"

The doctor strolled into the room within seconds, and whilst I stuttered and tried to comprehend the situation, he gave me some medication to ease the symptoms. When I finally stammered out "h...how does the hotel have their own doctor on call?" He simply shook his head and cracked a smile and replied:

"No one expects the Spanish inn physician."
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Tank's been rather punny these days it seems.  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

Not a pun but maybe useful to Silver and the sister thing......... Do you realize the the words: Dammit I,m mad....can be spelled both forward and backward.

hermes2015

Is this thread only for puns, or are spoonerisms and malapropisms allowed as well?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 26, 2019, 03:47:17 AM
Is this thread only for puns, or are spoonerisms and malapropisms allowed as well?

Title changed to reflect evolution of the forum zeitgeist to; Punishing puns! and spoonerisms and malapropisms etc.