News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

GOOF

Started by Dave, May 18, 2018, 10:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Suggestions are solicited for rules and regulations to be included in the official constitution of the Grumpy Order of Old Farts.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on May 18, 2018, 10:04:22 AM
Suggestions are solicited for rules and ordinances to be included in the official constitution of the Grumpy Order of Old Farts.

Since I am by nature a loose cannon, I am not the best person to ask to suggest rules, so will have to delegate this task to other, stabler Old Farts.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 18, 2018, 10:17:37 AM
Suggestions are solicited for rules and ordinances to be included in the official constitution of the Grumpy Order of Old Farts.

Since I am by nature a loose cannon, I am not the best person to ask to suggest rules, so will have to delegate this task to other, stabler Old Farts.

Proposed rule: those uwilling to commit themselves to the responsibilities of full  memberahip of this Order shall be, without voting rights or benefits other than those described herein, permitted to become Associates of the Order, designated "Ass. GOOF", and will be allowed to attend social and casual assemblies.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on May 18, 2018, 11:33:45 AM

Proposed rule: those uwilling to commit themselves to the responsibilities of full  memberahip of this Order shall be, without voting rights or benefits other than those described herein, permitted to become Associates of the Order, designated "Ass. GOOF", and will be allowed to attend social and casual assemblies.

That sounds fair enough. I guess Ass. GOOF is better than JackAss. GOOF!
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 18, 2018, 11:42:42 AM

Unless your name is Jack . . .

Arturo

Quote from: Dave on May 18, 2018, 12:01:55 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on May 18, 2018, 11:42:42 AM

Unless your name is Jack . . .

I don't know how old he is but don't talk about JumboJak that way.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

:computerwave:
I would like to nominate No one as the club's president.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on May 18, 2018, 04:19:03 PM
:computerwave:
I would like to nominate No one as the club's president.

:clapping:
― Charles Eames

Tank

It should be GOOOF  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on May 20, 2018, 08:37:24 PM
It should be GOOOF  >:(

You are just being pedantic, small wordscwre only incorporated to provide a pronounceable scronym usually. Or :member of the British Empire" would be a "MOTBE"!

(I tried very hard to find a Y to end it.)

Tank

It should be GOoOF then.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on May 20, 2018, 08:55:52 PM
It should be GOoOF then.

Have to put it to the members . . .

Any votes out there?

Essie Mae

Quote from: Dave on May 20, 2018, 09:16:18 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 20, 2018, 08:55:52 PM
It should be GOoOF then.

Have to put it to the members.

Any votes out there?

Well I dunno if I can be a member; I'm quite human a lot of the time but given all too common provocation I reckon I can out-grump you lot any time so I vote GOoOF.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Ecurb Noselrub

Rule 1.  You must be an Old Fart (65 years or older, with a smelly and explosive disposition).